Stress and Structures Engineer - Future Projects
Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England
The candidate will be part of the Materials and Structures department but will sit within the new and dynamic Future Projects team, providing the opportunity to contribute across a range of projects in the company. The candidate must be able to integrate with the team and across the company whilst also being confident when working independently. The team works closely with customers, partners, and advisors so good communication skills are vital. The candidate will be the main source of expertise for structures within Future Projects.
Reporting to the Department head your role will include
* Provide engineering design solutions including stress and thermal analysis for structures and sub systems such as heat exchangers
* Support other research and development projects, as required
* Prepare, present and report technical work to peers, seniors and partners
Across a range of various projects, the candidate will be expected to:
* Carry out the design and analysis of various structures including static and dynamic stress analysis, non-linear stress analysis, buckling and thermal analysis
* Work with other departments and external partners to deliver all aspects of the work
* Develop and optimise low mass structures and assess the impact of these designs
* Help to develop the company's stress and structures design capability in line with the project requirements
* The candidate must be qualified to degree level in Engineering with experience in structures, thermal and stress analysis.
* Applicants would be expected to be Chartered engineers or following a path leading to Chartered status.
Knowledge and Experience
* Must have industry experience in the design and analysis of complex or light-weight structures
* Experience in the use of commercial finite element codes and CAD software systems including Altair Hyperworks and SOLIDWORKS
* Must be able to carry out basic stress analysis hand-calculations for structures and pressurised equipment
* Experience with pressurised equipment regulations and in the design and analysis of pressure vessels or heat exchangers to ASME standards
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 35000 - 45000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 27 Apr 2018
Closes 27 May 2018
This job was posted to: Design engineer