Engineering Technician (Mechanical and/or Electrical)
Felixstowe, Suffolk, England
Our client is located in the heart of South East England and is one of the UK's busiest container and general cargo portsWith further investment anticipated; we are looking to recruit an Engineering Technician to maintain and repair the Port's plant and equipment in both planned and reactive maintenance activities and repair services. The Engineering Department will also provide facilities support and site services to the new tenant operated plants on site.
* Complete engineering activities in both planned and reactive maintenance in all areas of the Port, as directed by Engineering Supervision and management.
* Experience weighted towards electrical engineering would be preferred.
* Carrying out activities in a safe and effective manner whilst working to challenging operational deadlines, prioritising, problem solving, decision making and maintaining clear communication with all stakeholders.
* Provide technical expertise to engineering procurement and stores.
* Completion of all installations and repairs to the highest standards to maintain optimum performance and availability of equipment.
* Prioritising work requirements within your area of responsibility to ensure optimum safety standards and maximum efficiencies.
* Utilise Engineering MIS systems to schedule and record progress and completion of all Engineering work activities.
* Multi-skilled experience, knowledge and skillset applicable to heavy industrial engineering activities.
* Willingness to undertake required training to ensure familiarisation with all equipment in service and achieve continuous development of skills.
* A proven track record of flexibility with the ability to cope with changing demands and priorities on several concurrent work activities.
* Aptitude for working outdoors and at heights.
Who are we looking for?
Suitable applicants will have:
* Qualified in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, ideally at ONC level or above.
* Able to evidence experience in a technical discipline following academic trade training, for example electrical or mechanical engineering apprenticeships.
* Experience of up to date techniques for engineering repairs and maintenance.
* Willingness to develop technical knowledge through continuous professional development.
* Full UK Driving Licence
It would be a distinct advantage to have:
* Multi-skilled engineering experience with an electrical bias.
* Knowledge and experience of port handling equipment.
- £ 30000 - 32000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 25 Apr 2018
Closes 25 May 2018
This job was posted to: Tooling