Aerospace Electrical Test Technician
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Job Title: Electrical Test Technician
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Duration: 6 months
Are you an accomplished Technician with experience mechanically and electrically assembling structural test rigs? Can you successfully work from engineering instructions and technical drawings? If yes, please read on and apply below:
· Working to clearly defined goals with respect to quality, output and timescale.
· You will be required to mechanically assemble the structural test rigs and Mechanical Ground Support Equipment test rigs as per the instructions provided by the engineers and/or to electrically assemble the structural test rigs and MGSE test rigs as per the instructions provided by the engineers
· Highlight any anomalies and proactively liaise with the Team Leader/Engineering to update paper works to reflect build sequence and data capture requirements.
· To setup the hydraulic equipment including flushing of Structure and MGSE test rigs and exercising actuators
· Conduct the though calibration of instrumentation for both the Structure and MGSE test rigs
· Participate in load application during tests by use of Hand pumps to operate hydraulic equipment
· Participate in the validation of test hardware during a test
· Able to bond and setup strain gauges onto test and flight equipment
· Able to follow and work in accordance with processes and procedures defined within LDS/ADS.
· Comply with all Health and Safety rules within the facility
· To demonstrate the desire, commitment and team working ethic to complete task in the correct quality and lead time.
· Support the daily SQCDP reporting process
· Conduct maintenance activities on equipment and systems
· Promote Cleanroom regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work areas
· To demonstrate flexibility and mobility to work across different product and or departments as required by the workload.
· To work directly with engineers, designers and customers as need dictates.
The ability to work from engineering instruction, job cards or technical drawings.
Working with precision measurement equipment on large scale hardware.
Experience of test and assembly, manufacturing or production environment.
Experience of working as part of a team, working on large mechanical rigs.
Experience of the Aerospace industry and hydraulic systems.
Education & Training
HND/HNC in relevant discipline
· Day shift of 8 hours (core hours 08.00 to 17.00
· Any specific test campaign may require specific extended days up to a maximum of 12 hours with flexible start and finish time and potential rate uplift of 20%
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 23 Apr 2018
Closes 23 May 2018
This job was posted to: Testing