Fleet Maintenance Store Person
Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales
Provide effective and efficient day to day stores management and logistic support to Swissport Fleet Maintenance Units within a given Swissport Region within the UK and Ireland. be responsible to the respective Regional Maintenance Manager for their region for all stores, logistics and supply chain related activities for their stations including the receipt, issue and ordering and sourcing of spare parts and engineering related materials required to support Swissport Ground Fleet servicing repair and maintenance operations. Furthermore, the incumbent will also be expected to conduct storehouse husbandry, audit and stocktaking activities when notified to do so. This role also requires to incumbent to travel and carry out their duties at multiple sites. This role may also require the incumbent to be capable of moving heavy items either manually by hand or with MHE (Mechanical Handling Equipment).
Responsible for the day to day management of all stores areas within a given Swissport Region workshop location, including storehouse husbandry, stock replenishment and daily transaction processing.
Ensuring that all items (Imprest and Owned Stock and Work Order items) are accurately booked out to each job, either manually or via the Inventory Management System (Maximo). Special attention must be paid to imprest stocks to ensure consumption and replenishment requirements are notified to the relevant vendor in a timely manner.
Carry out the receipt (3-way matching) of all materials (Stock or Work Order) prior to completing the receipt process via Maximo and ensure items are placed within the correct bins prior to issue.
Ensure the following:
- all delivery notes are checked for quantity and condition at the time of delivery from the supplier and signed before being passed to admin.
- all items are accurately issued to workshop staff against Job/Work Order Numbers. Ensure that Out of Hours Issues are logged as soon as possible during the next working day.
- all items ordered follow the approved PR to PO process and that all orders have either work and job no's or are classed as stock items.
- all ordered spare parts comply with the manufacturer's warranty clauses and terms.
Be the focal point for resolving all order discrepancies with suppliers for orders for designated workshops. Conduct cyclic stocktaking of all inventory items at each location (via Maximo), highlighting any variances to the Regional Maintenance Manager, prior to stock count approval and informing the Manager GSE Spares Supply of any losses.
- Identify and monitor stock levels on all sites and assist in stock planning and forecasting for those sites (Min -Max and ABC Analysis).
- Assist workshop staff in planning and forecasting spare parts and PM materials requirement.
- Identify and inform management of all obsolete, slow moving and dead stocks, in order for them to be considered for disposal.
- Ensure item disposal is carried out in accordance with Swissport disposal procedures.
- Liaise with local suppliers regarding orders and deliveries of stock and monitor the performance of said suppliers.
- Produce reports, statistics and KPI data for Fleet Management, which will allow accurate stock planning and forecasting to take place.
- Identify and implement (Where possible) ideas and initiatives which improve the level o
Qualifications & Competencies
- Minimum 3 years of experience in spare parts inventory or store person roles, ideally within the automotive or aviation ground handling environment.
- In possession of at least three GCSE's / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent) (ideally Maths, English and a Science Subject).
- Ideally a L3 (Minimum 2) industry recognised qualification in inventory, warehousing, stores, spare parts or logistics.
- Knowledge of Workshops and Automotive Engineering Environments would be desirable.
- Understanding of inventory/warehouse management and electronic purchasing, ordering and invoicing systems, specifically Maximo Inventory Module
- Strong computer systems and applications Skills (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work with a degree of autonomy, take the initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities and re-prioritize as needed.
- High energy, high motivation and stress resistant.
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- Hold a Full Clean UK Driving Licence and Ideally a Forklift Operators Licence
- Willingness to travel between sites
- Willingness to undertake Continuous Personal Development (CPD)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidat
- Full time
Posted 20 Apr 2018
Closes 20 May 2018
This job was posted to: Airline sales