Avionics Technician Lead
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
Performs routine repairs, checks, and installations of all Avionics systems on aircraft. Works under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Within budgeted or estimated time, repair, modify, install, and perform routine maintenance of all Avionics systems with accuracy and with minimal assistance.
- Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents from the customer
- Apply deductive reasoning to troubleshoot and repair and/or check complex systems.
- Properly utilize Avionics test equipment to perform systems test and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment and the use of such equipment. Properly utilized and maintain Avionics hand tools to perform repairs and installations.
- Keep leadership and co-workers apprised of work progress and/or problems.
- Accurately document work performed as set forth by customer maintenance programs on a daily basis using the standard format. Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
- Take immediate corrective action regarding unsafe conditions.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate ground support equipment e.g. power carts, Hi-Reach, etc. as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: N/A SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY
Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Ability to communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels regarding all job-related issues both verbally and in writing. Must have working knowledge of Avionics systems and their operation and the proven ability to troubleshoot basic problems. Must have broad, overall knowledge of other aircraft systems e.g. hydraulic, flight controls, etc. and major components. Ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions such as add, subtract, divide in units of measure and ability to compute rate, rations and percentages. Demonstrated ability to research proper hand-tools utilizing standard wiring practices manuals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED AND one year as an Avionics Technician I OR three years recent relevant related avionics experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience/training.
Airframe license is desired.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally, with help, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must have full color vision and visual acuity with or without corrective lenses.
The noise level in this work environment is usually high. May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Please send resumes to Apply
- Full time
Posted 20 Apr 2018
Closes 20 May 2018
This job was posted to: Avionics engineer