Newton Abbot, Devon, England
To manage the Value Stream to which allocated ensuring that production plans are scheduled and met in order to meet customer demands. To lead continuous improvements in production processes and in the employees under their control. Manage financial and KPI performance production capacity, resource and machines, production quality, scrap, rework and returns HSE, asset care and equipment problems and new technology. NPI. To ensure that production procedures meet required safety, environmental, cost, delivery, quality and manning standards.
* Manage all aspects of the Value Stream to which allocated ensuring that end to end work flow is maintained in accordance with agreed standards, measures and deliverables.
* Lead and motivate all employees under their control in order to promote continuous improvement in individual and process activities.
* Coach, develop, appraise, performance manage, discipline employees under their control, identify skills needs, develop training plans and implement.
* Ensure all health, safety, environmental standards are met and maintained, identifying risk and implementing improvements where required.
* Ensure that work requirements are planning and met including availability of resource and manning, monitor production performance, analyse results and develop and implement necessary improvement plans as necessary. Consumables and materials.
* Manage all resources within allocated area, ensuring most effective and efficient use of manpower, equipment and consumables in order to meet production demands.
* Work with logistics to agree and implant work and capacity plan for cells within area
* Develop and implement capacity plan for cells, working with other functions as required eg Logistics, continuously monitor progress against plan
* Lead area continuous improvement activities and be up to date with latest techniques and procedures.
* Ensure management of standard work through: CI, Pulse Meetings, KPIs
* Responsible for financial results of area, cost control, P&L and budget. Understand how production performance impacts on financial results and develop improvements to meet or exceed financial targets. Monitor and report on financial performance
* Develop and manage long/short term production planning activities in relation to manpower, resource, machine capacity, OEE, customer requirements.
* Identify improvements through value stream mapping, develop and implement supporting and coaching T/Ls.
* Responsible for developing and implementing project improvement plans.
* Responsible for delivering value stream production to agreed KPIs
* Take proactive role to ensure smooth NPI
* Identify and recommend asset improvements and use of new technology in order to achieve improvements to cost, quality and production processes.
* Identify and develop improvements to production processes, liaising with other departments and functions to implement change in order to improve on cost control, quality and productivity.
* Ensure maintenance of front line asset care
* Lead implementation and sustainability of TPM
* Responsible for recovery when deviating from plan
* Ensure regular team communication delivery results and improvement opportunities, develop and implement appropriate changes.
* Understand how to balance production in order to achieve optimum use of manpower, time, equipment and resources within cost restraints.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 45000 - 55000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 15 Apr 2018
Closes 15 May 2018
This job was posted to: Testing