Continuous Improvement Leader
Cwmbran, Torfaen (Tor-faen), Wales
This role has responsibility for leading and coaching the organisation in driving an effective improvement journey.
The role will require the individual to lead teams and engage business leaders in analysing performance, determining processes and tools to improve and driving the projects and governance to implement the improvements.
The successful candidate will have a wide-ranging knowledge and experience of problem solving, six-sigma methodologies, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools. A Green Belt or higher is desirable with proven leadership in driving improvement projects across a business.
This person will be a change agent with the courage to champion improvement within the business with the ability to motivate others to achieve results.
Continuous Improvement (CI)
* Leading project teams to deliver significant business improvements through the deployment of CI tools in line with the business Hoshin Kanri
* Work with the business leaders to undertake continual analysis of the business to expose opportunities for change and improvement
* Drive continuous improvement within the business and identify opportunities for improvement including deployment of Hoshin Kanri, ZAOS Essentials, and Customer Improvement projects. Lean Journey & QRQC
* Analyse and monitor financial and customer benefits throughout the life of the improvement project
* Champion and share the use of best practice methods for improvements across the business and provide evidence of real change implementation
Problem Solving Capability
* Working with the Head of Continuous Improvement to determine the tools required and scope of Continuous Improvement Training across the business.
* Working with the Head of Continuous Improvement - creating, organizing and delivering training to the targeted scope.
* Coach, train and mentor business in the use of CI tools
* Coach Project Sponsors and Project Leaders to enable the delivery of successful project implementation
Drive Plant / Business Unit Improvement Workstreams
* Able to lead teams in analyzing data and determining the key activities that will reduce the defects or increase flow.
* Use of Value-Stream Mapping to determine production bottle necks and leading the team to address the issues found.
* Able to communicate the progress to both internal and external customers and influence the leadership team to ensure support to drive workstreams to closure.
* Accountable for the governance of the improvement projects and activities in specified areas.
* Manage stakeholders across the leadership team and wider business to coach, support and deliver the improvement programmes to plan or escalate as required.
* Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives, which are consistent and commensurate with the overall purpose of the position.
* Deputise for the Head of CI if required.
Knowledge & Qualifications
* HNC or Degree in an Engineering / Manufacturing related discipline
* Six-Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
* Lean Practitioner
* Demonstrated experience leading improvement / Six-Sigma in a production environment
* Experience within the aerospace or automotive industry preferable
Skills and Competencies
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Competent communicator with an ability to establish good working relationships across all departments and with Customers at all levels.
* Proven track record on leading teams / projects to deliver milestones
* Change Agent - ability to bring people on the improvement journey
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 40000 - 45000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 15 Apr 2018
Closes 15 May 2018
This job was posted to: Project manager