Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Design Engineer to be involved in the complete product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) for an Aerospace Company based in Gloucestershire, with a competitive salary.
You will ideally have prior experience of designing hydraulic / mechanical / electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment within an aerospace company.
You will be involved in the complete product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on various programmes.
Responsibilities of a Design Engineer
· Interpret customer's requirements and specification
· Identify verification of requirements
· Contribute to design reviews and programme reviews
· Designing from customer specifications using 2D & 3D design tools, preferably SolidWorks.
· Create technical documentation e.g. drawings, procedures and reports
· Ensure product meets performance, weight, schedule, cost, reliability, safety requirements.
· Problem solving activities to resolve customer returns
· Support inspection and test of root cause
· Document and lead corrective actions
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline or qualified to an equivalent level
· Experience of designing actuation products, and hydraulic control valves, preferably within an aviation business.
· Knowledge of mechanical components, processing, precision machining, forgings, military and industry standards.
· Committed to deliver design artefacts on schedule.
· Understanding of design (FMEA, DFMEA), test and analysis (FEA, Mathcad) tools
· Willing to occasionally travel within the UK and internationally.
If you are committed to deliver products on schedule, have very strong communication skills and would like the opportunity to work as a Design Engineer apply now.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please call Jamie Birch on Applyor send your CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 9 Apr 2018
Closes 9 May 2018
This job was posted to: Design engineer