Semi - Skilled Maintenance Fitter
To professionally work ensuring at all times the highest standards of Health and Safety, Quality, Customer service and security are met and maintained.
- To ensure that you understand and operate to all Swissport procedural, Health, Safety and Security requirements at all times, in order to protect yourself, colleagues, others, property and aircraft. In addition, you must demonstrate a personal commitment to rigorously enforcing appropriate standards of Health, Safety and Security, in order to ensure performance improves year on year.
- To take personal responsibility to ensure that you deliver the appropriate service to the same high standards on every occasion, in order to reduce H&S incidents and provide a consistent service to customers at all times. In addition, to ensure that you understand and operate to any constraints or special requirements that exists. To ensure all reports and paperwork are completed at the end of each working day
- To communicate effectively and professionally as the first point of contact, with Swissport departments, third party customers, and others, in order to ensure exceptional standards are maintained at all times. In addition, use effective interpersonal skills when dealing with the staff on shift in order to maximise the performance of each staff member.
- Work in accordance with agreed procedures ensuring that all near misses, unsafe acts, incidents and accidents are reported in the appropriate manner
- Ensure appropriate PPE is worn at all times and defective equipment is reported immediately
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications & Competencies
- To have mechanical/engineering experience and qualifications or equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of the applicable health and safety requirements, employment and security issues that relate to the function.
- Proactive in addressing problems with the ability to keep appropriate staff informed at all times.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and
- Full time
Posted 7 Apr 2018
Closes 4 Sep 2018
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Swissport International Ltd