Safety Compliance Officer
Belfast, Antrim, Northern IrelandJob Summary
To develop both the airside and landside operational teams, including operational managers to promote and maintain all safe working practices and procedures. Ensuring that quality standards are adhered to and where possible, enhanced. To ensure all Swissport 'Standard Operating Procedures' (SOPs) are understood and adhered to by the companies and any 'Swissport sub-contractors' personnel.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- To support managers and personnel in developing, implementing, communicating and monitoring operational practices and procedures (SOPs), to meet all statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations and take corrective action where necessary.
- To support managers and personnel in auditing and proactively managing health safety and security, in order to ensure that all statutory, regulatory and corporate health safety and security requirements are complied with at all times.
- To implement with the coordination of the Training Department and Regional Health & Safety Manager appropriate safety training as and when identified to ensure that performance is maintained at the expected level and all relevant targets are met.
- To develop relationships with relevant internal personnel, airport authorities and airline representatives to ensure all company, airport and airline specific safety policies and procedures are maintained.
- To be able to achieve and demonstrate an improvement in safe working practices and a reduction in incidents through agreed processes.
- To complete all safety and compliance related documentation, timely and accurately establishing root cause and identifying remedial action and the management of any change required.
- To ensure all relevant files, documentation, risk assessments and work place inspections are in date and available for auditing purposes
- To undertake any other duties as required by the company
Key Performance Indicators
- Reduction of 'Reportable Lost Time Accidents' at Station
- Increase of 'Near Miss' reports from personnel at Station
- Safety Performance Index
Qualifications and Competencies
- A recognised safety qualification, a good knowledge of UK environment and H&S law and an ability to apply them in a practical manner is desired
- A personal desire to develop themselves in aspects of HSSEQ
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently when required, and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow instruction as well as using own initiative.
- Flexible approach to work, with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to influence and innovate on HSSEQ issues.
- Strong communicator with fluent verbal and written English.
- A working knowledge of IT packages including Microsoft Office
- Accuracy of paperwork relating to health and safety records and associated correspondence.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels within Swissport
- Ability to travel to various locations as and when required
- At least 3 years experience of the Aviation industry including Ground Handling, Cargo and other Service Providers at locations is desired
- Experience in a unionised environment advantageous
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a
- Full time
Posted 6 Apr 2018
Closes 3 Sep 2018
This job was posted to: Freight