On behalf of our Client, CAE Parc Aviation are looking to recruit an experienced Operations Controller to be based at London Heathrow Airport. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional to come in and hit the ground running. The company is looking for an individual who is proactive and adaptable to a changing environment and can help support change.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good customer service skills
- A polite and friendly manner
- Strong efficiency and punctuality
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Good organisational skills
- A minimum of 12 months previous experience in a similar role
The Duty Operations Controller is responsible to the Operations Control Manager for:
- To provide flight watch cover to ensure an efficient and safe operation with consideration to all operational factors
- Conduct daily operations update briefings to all departments, with inputs for crewing and MCC
- Providing detailed handover to oncoming OCC controller at shift changeover
- Responsible for activating key operational procedures, for example, Emergency Response Plan
- Close liaison with maintenance control regarding aircraft serviceability and advise all concerned of any cargo limitations due MEL restrictions
- Close liaison with contacts to discuss schedule changes and optimise crew utilisation to minimise any delays caused by schedule disruption
- To obtain necessary ATC\/airport slots and make schedule adjustments as required
- Check each flight to confirm arrangements are in place for: permits, airport slots, handling, catering, customs arrangements
- Prior to each flight check NOTAMS, weather, operational flight plan, sector payload, aircraft performance limitations, ATC restrictions - make any adjustments to the planned flight as necessary and inform crew
- Create crew brief for each flight to include, but not limited to: operational flight plan, NOTAMs, weather information, NAT tracks (as applicable), crew briefing trip sheet containing details of crew\/schedule\/permits\/handling\/fuel\/cargo details\/Gen Decs\/NOTOC\/other information as applicable
- Ensure electronic customs\/immigrations (APIS) submissions are made for flights to\/from USA\/Canada
- Provide flight details to all concerned (internal departments\/outstations\/customers) and provide updates for schedule changes
- Oversight of crewing to ensure all flights are operated in accordance with Company EASA FTL scheme.
- Co-ordinate with the crewing team to ensure day-to-day changes are captured, overseeing crew rescheduling, delayed reporting, changes to transport arrangements, hotel accommodation etc
- Updating of flight programme in Company operations system (ASL) as required and checking data entry is made for each flight (manual or via ACARS)
- Monitoring flight delays and recording agreed delay codes as necessary
- Giving guidance of aircraft and crew availability for charter enquiries and preparation of ad-hoc charters including liaison with all departments to confirm arrangements and arranging schedule\/permits\/handling\/fuel\/credit facilities once flight is confirmed.
Should you meet the above criteria and wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV to Apply.
- Full time
- ATC Air Traffic Controller Licence
Posted 4 Apr 2018
Closes 4 May 2018
This job was posted to: Flight operations