IT Architect (m/f)
As the Lufthansa Group is aiming to become the most digital aviation group, Lufthansa Systems as a member of the Lufthansa Group and one of the world's leading Airline IT providers worldwide plays a key role in reaching this goal. We are thus growing and looking for an IT architect (m/f) to join our Crew Management Systems team.
As an IT architect (m/f) you will be responsible for the technological conception, design and implementation of further expansion stages and the development of assigned applications or modules. You will advise the customer in regards to functionality as well as technicality and perform tasks with high technological complexity and a high degree of strategic responsibility.
- Development and documentation of software, system and domain architectures
- Elaboration and review of requirements, technical specifications
- Professional and/or technical advice to the customer, in particular to Lufthansa Group's departments around the company-wide intranet portal eBase
- Professional and technical support of applications and operation (DevOps incl. 3LS) for Lufthansa Group's intranet platform eBase including interfaces to other systems
- Evaluation, cost/benefit assessment and introduction of new technologies
- Guidance and consulting of developers and support staff
- Quality assurance of the changes implemented by developers (e. g. code review)
- Supporting the introduction of application management governance processes and tools
- Ensuring high quality and stability for customer and user satisfaction
- University Degree in a relevant area with many years of professional experience in the use of current IT technologies and the conception of system architectures, as well as experience in software development
- Very good knowledge of methods and techniques of software architecture, especially in the field of modern portal technologies necessary
- Very good knowledge of the following web technologies such as JAVA, HTML, JSP, ExtJS Framework, REST, XML, JSON, JCR, sling, OSGI etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (version 6) or other content management systems
- Experience in professional and technical control and the introduction of complex software products required
- Experience in the conception, design and implementation of complex software applications
- Experience in agile software development (SCRUM) is helpful but not mandatory
- Ability to lead and instruct employees (e. g. in the context of projects)
- High social competence and integration ability
- Very high commitment and initiative, very high resilience and flexibility
- High willingness to assume responsibility and distinct ability to develop proposals that are ready for decision-making, taking into account company specific and economic principles
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills and assertiveness as well as distinct service and customer orientation
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Precise representation of complex facts and circumstances
- Intercultural competence
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as German skills
About Lufthansa Systems GmbH & Co. KG
Lufthansa Systems GmbH & Co KG is a leading airline IT provider. Based on long-term project experience, a deep understanding of complex business processes and strong technological know-how, the company provides consulting and IT services for the global aviation industry. Over 300 airlines worldwide rely on the know-how of IT specialists at Lufthansa Systems. Its portfolio covers innovative IT products and services which provide added value for its customers in terms of enhanced efficiency, reduced costs or increased profits. Headquartered in Raunheim near Frankfurt/Main, Germany, Lufthansa Systems has offices in 16 other countries.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0573V084
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 13 Mar 2018
Closes 10 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Airline IT