Regional Planning Manager
Runcorn, Cheshire, England
Please note that we have two positions available for this role. One will be based in the North and the other will be based in the South.
A Regional Planning Manager is there to support the implementation, development and continuous improvement of the planning function at Station level; acting as the planning expert and application support for the Swissport Planning Tools including technical training and station roll out.
- Establish base line staffing standards and station adjustments based on unique variable(s) in conjunction with contractual requirements, volumes, and/or facilities.
- Operational support to improve efficiency, quality & safety levels of Swissport stations on request.
- Establish base line ground service equipment (GSE) allocation standards and station adjustments based on unique variable(s) in conjunction with contractual requirements, volumes, and/or facilities.
- Establish station staffing levels to meet contractual, safety and quality requirements.
- Support roll out strategies for new and existing IT products.
- Conduct technical training for station planners and implementation support of GS applications in new locations.
- Optimize the scheduling of personnel, based on established standards to identify the number of personnel required and corresponding man-hour approval levels.
- Assist in the development and approval levels of personnel / equipment requirement(s) for the budget process, forecasts and seasonal schedule changes.
- Review of same requirements post contract loss to identify exit requirements.
- Translate strategic budgeting into tactical and operational scheduling and rostering.
- Training of station staff as required in the optimal usage of current planning, forecast and scheduling tools.
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of KPI reporting system(s) relating to performance and productivity indices.
- Support with the alignment of global planning strategies and assure regional compliance.
- Support the development of lean processes that will eliminate waste and maximize efficiencies.
- Drive an ethos of continuous improvement through identifying, communicating and instilling best practice consistently across the region.
- Support with station start up's, audits, training, new business, due diligence, etc., as required.
- Maintain system integrity and administration of the Inform Suite (PC, RC and Real time).
- Act as "super users" for the Inform Suite and provide field assistance as required.
- All other duties as may be required
Qualifications & Competencies
- Higher education, relevant university degree is an advantage
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Inform GS Suite is a strong advantage
- Experience in the aviation industry, preferably manpower planning and rostering
- Strong leadership skills to effectively lead and develop a team
- Experience in developing requirements documents, formulating plans and managing roll-outs effectively.
- Experience of working in a performance management culture driven by KPIs.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in multiple locations and at various levels.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; clearly able to articulate position with clarity at all levels.
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to constructively challenge the status quo and manage change.
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the region (50%) to personally drive the application of high standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does
- Full time
Posted 10 Mar 2018
Closes 7 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Planning engineer