Load Planner (Central Load Control) Manchester Airport
Greater Manchester, England
Ever wondered what CLC is and what a load planner does? Well we are a team who plan and send documentation to airports worldwide so the aircraft can take off safely. You as a load planner will decide on where the baggage, cargo and even where the passengers are seated so the aircraft is balanced and prepared for take-off. The role of a load planner is exciting, rewarding and sometimes pressurized but without a load planner the aircraft cannot depart. So come on what are you waiting for, come and join our amazing team, Centralized Load Control, A unique department producing weight and balance documentation for aircraft globally from our office based at Manchester Airport.
Swissport's Centralised Load Control department, based at Manchester Airport is unique. It is the only department of its kind in the UK, and is dedicated to providing Weight and Balance functions to over 40 airports worldwide. It provides Weight and Balance functions to a huge range of airlines, and it's major customers include Virgin Atlantic, FlyBE, Thomson, and Wizzair.
Load Control Planners have the responsibility of accurately compiling and preparing flight loadsheets for a 24/7 operation for all hub and outstation flights. Ensuring that the cargo, baggage and passenger load is safely distributed within the aircraft prior to the flight crew configuring the load.
- Ensuring accurate details of all flights are updated according to the Central Load Control (CLC timeline)
- Produce all necessary flight documentation for all flights, based on airline loading procedures and specific flight requirements
- Ensure check - in is aware of any necessary seat blocks / preferences to ensure suitable trim can be achieved
- Coordinate with Cargo Services to ensure correct cargo make-up.
- Ensure timely distribution of flight documentation in accordance with customer airlines' agreed timelines and liaise with outstations regarding final loadsheets
- Ensure loadsheet is available to flight deck in line with CLC timeline or earlier
- Monitor aircraft weight changes to ensure EDP loadsheets have correct and current values
- Compile and complete flight files
- Ensure manual backup loadsheets are compiled
- Complete required monthly manual loadsheets
- Other duties as assigned.
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- In possession of at least three GCSE's / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent to include English and Mathematics at Grade C or above
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak, write and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the work at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and time management skills are essential
- Must be able and willing to type and learn Swissport and Airline computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Passionate about customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvemen t
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Team focused management style that fits into a fast-paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading G
- Full time
Posted 9 Mar 2018
Closes 6 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Air traffic control