Senior R&D Engineer
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for supporting the IPT Lead in the qualification planning, execution, reporting and project technical and schedule problem resolution. You will ensure the programmes are delivered in accordance with key milestone dates, customer deliverables and within budget. Furthermore, the development of the team and engineering talent is key to underpinning the performance of the team. You will always be focused on exceeding the expectations of the customer and the organisation. This role is critical to progressing Research and Development technology readiness level technologies through the NPI process and delivering innovative, competitive, aerospace certified products to market to challenging customer timelines. This supports increased sales and the sites ambitious growth strategy. As a lead project engineer you will lead a team to deliver innovative composite products through the use of design for manufacture, design to cost and design for variability toolsets. You will test and interrogate rapid prototype parts manufactured in the dedicated R&D facility to mitigate technical risk and ultimately deliver robust components to market. You will see your designs fly.
In this role you will:
* Lead engineering project teams to deliver engineering New Product Introduction (NPI) milestones
* Support programme Passport and Tollgate OTIF, Programme Budget and NPI metrics
* Be the technical customer interface working alongside a project manager to manage deliverables, requirements and change.
* Ensure hardware and rig availability to meet customer qualification deadlines
* Be responsible for the main project goals and delivering a product into production, meeting target levels of costs, hours, materials and tooling.
* Guidance and over checking of engineer's plans, definitions component key and critical features and test reports
* Check/approve qualification definition documentation, qualification Rationale matrix, qualification test matrix and test plans
* Review Test readiness, capability and capacity and working with 3rd party test houses& Oversee test bed upgrades or new installations
* Create and resolve Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) reports when appropriate and manage FRACAS burn down plans
* Capture lesson learnt and implement via in engineering procedure updates/creation
You will bring to the role:
* Energy and drive, you will be resilient acting in a tenacious way when required
* You are a confident and compelling speaker who can build strong working relationships working as part of a team or independently
* You are highly self- motivated, driven & focused on results with a concern for accuracy
* You enjoy multitasking whilst being organised & structured.
You will have experience of:
* Management experience of NPI
* Experience in the testing of structural composites or components in static and dynamic modes
* Defining, oversight, installation and validation of test equipment
* Proven track record of leading projects
* Stakeholder engagement including acting as a main point of contact for external business stakeholders
* Excellent at relationship building both internally & externally giving confidence in the organisation
* Customer relations/focus
* Continuous improvement
* Working within a production environmentIn addition to this is would be desirable for you to have:
* Industry experience in a Design and Development environment
* Experience of engineering project management.
* Knowledge of latest Emerging technologies
* Knowledge of composite materials.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 36000 - 45000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 9 Mar 2018
Closes 8 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Composites