Indoor Sales and Operations Cargo (M/F)
Swiss WorldCargo in Miami is looking for an Inside Sales Support candidate.
In this challenging role you support and execute the sales and marketing activities for the Miami sales territory. This territory currently includes Miami and the region's supporting areas of Atlanta, San Juan, Punta Cana, Columbia, Ecuador and Peru. You develop long-term revenues by promoting the Swiss WorldCargo product and service portfolio with a customer base of freight forwarders. You foster smooth and seamless relationships with all internal and external stakeholders. In coordination with the Cargo Manager - Miami, you support the region's sales strategy. The job holder reports to the Cargo Manager.
- Ensure prominent sales presence of Swiss WorldCargo via indirect and direct customer contact.
- Provide professional customer service to cargo clients.
- Development of revenues by promotion of Swiss WorldCargo brand and product portfolio
- Acquisition of new cargo traffic through a target oriented sales approach and negotiation.
- Proactive approach to maintain existing business
- Build, maintain and develop long-term partnerships with the customer base.
- Participates in planning and executing the sales and marketing activities.
- Negotiation of service agreements, allotments, rates, CRM follow-up
- Ensure information exchange with all interfacing organizations and internal Miami team members as well as Switzerland.
- Analyze market intelligence and implement corrective measures when required
- Support accounting activities and irregularities including shipment verification and post-shipment CCA entry.
- Participation in internal meetings/projects/trainings
- Preparation of reports as required or directed by management
- Provide input to establish rate levels. Update and maintain rate databases.
- Perform Inside sales activity including but not limited to:
- Mass emails
- Phone contact
- Shipment booking and rate quotes
- Tracing, claims and shipment irregularity
- Working actively and be part of the Inside Sales Team.
- Bachelor graduate preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in field sales or very solid commercial air cargo knowledge
- Experienced in air cargo logistics and/or forwarding industry
- Strong interpersonal communication skills verbal and written (email, letter, internet)
- Good listener, convincing presentation skills, good negotiator
- Impeccable customer service attitude
- Strong analytical, numerical problem solving skills
- Drive for results through persistence and consistency
- Good organizational skills
- Good command of English language: fluent in speaking and writing
- Good command of Spanish Language: fluent in speaking and writing
- Flexibility and ability to travel (nationally and internationally)
- High degree of flexibility, loyal, team player
- Excellent Microsoft Office user knowledge: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Comfortable working in a challenging but exciting business environment
- Ability to convincingly promote the quality image of Swiss WorldCargo
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to: Apply
*CV/Resume and Cover Letter required
About Swiss International Air Lines Ltd.
Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS) is the national airline of Switzerland. It serves 104 destinations in 48 countries all over the world from Zurich, Basel and Geneva. With a fleet of 91 aircraft, SWISS transports some 16 million passengers every year. Swiss WorldCargo offers a comprehensive airport-to-airport service for high-quality goods and intensive-care freight to some 120 destinations in more than 80 countries. As the national airline, SWISS stands for Switzerland's traditional values and is committed to the highest standards of product and service quality. In 2013, SWISS had a total revenue of CHF 5.17 billion with 8250 members of staff. SWISS is part of the Lufthansa Group and a member of the Star Alliance, the world's biggest airline network.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0558V026
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 7 Mar 2018
Closes 4 Aug 2018
This job was posted to: Freight