Supplier Quality Engineer
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
* Perform a Quality Assurance (QA) function throughout the complete supply chain to Ultra PCS.
* Perform Quality audits/assessments as required to demonstrate effective on-going Quality management of the supply chain and that requirements are being met.
* Provide an independent monitoring function for compliance with airworthiness and customer requirements.
* Support in the planning, managing and carrying out a schedule for audits and assessments.
* Manage completion and effectiveness of Corrective and Preventative measures.
* Engage with other supply chain stakeholders (e.g. QA & Compliance team, Procurement, Supplier Development, New programmes) to ensure that QA activities for Cheltenham suppliers are and coordinated and relevant.
* Support in the identification and resolution of any issues relating to items provided by suppliers across the business.
* Identification and co-ordination of any investigations arising from Quality issues through to their documented conclusion, with supporting root cause analysis and solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
* Coordination of QA activities in relation to supplier source changes.
* Ensuring that suppliers continue to demonstrate compliance to the Quality control requirements for suppliers and subcontractors procedure.
* Ensuring that agreed customers quality requirements of Ultra PCS and the Supply chain are identified and satisfied.
* Ensuring Quality measures with associated targets are maintained for supply chain quality performance, as well as process measures at the supplier.
* Provide training in Quality, Process improvement and airworthiness matters.
* Completion of agreed personal and departmental objectives and initiatives.
* Develop and support of a business improvement culture and associated activities e.g. process mapping, lean, etc.
* Support in demonstrating compliance to company processes and documented procedures to ensure a robust Quality Management System is in place throughout the business.
* Assist with the maintenance of company approvals e.g. EASA, FAR, ISO, etc. to maintain airworthiness.
* Assist with the generation of Quality Plans and proposals.
* Ensure the departmental objectives are achieved in line with the job holders individual objectives.
* Perform duties in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes.
* There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to Ultra Electronics PCS goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Has a proven range of Quality/Business Improvement experience.
* Trained Quality Auditor.
* Proven experience working within a quality management system.
* Knowledge of manufacturing environment and working with a supply chain.
* Experience of liaising with internal and external.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 42000 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 25 Feb 2018
Closes 27 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Quality control