Customer Service Agent Manchester Airport
Greater Manchester, England
Permanent Customer Service Agent Manchester Airport - £8.10 per hour
20 x Positions Available - Immediate Start Dates
Here at Swissport we are looking for the best of the best.
So why not start your journey here with us at Manchester Airport.
We are the worlds largest ground handling company and we are looking for fresh, new and talented individuals to start an exciting career in aviation on our Customer service team.
We checked in over 7 million passengers last year along with 3.1 million bags at Manchester Airport.
Our Customer Service agents provide help and support to a range of different customers from a range of different backgrounds. At Swissport no two days will ever be the same for you.
We work with some of the best known airlines at Manchester Airport so we require a people who can provide the friendliest and warmest welcome to our customers.
Your journey will start with full two week training along with other successful candidates.
Full uniform will be provided and you will also have access to subsidised onsite parking.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Assist passengers with self-service check-in kiosks
- Inspect and verify passenger documentation
- Issue boarding passes and reschedule passengers affected by flight interruptions or cancellations
- Manage passenger baggage processing including handling and fee calculation if applicable
- Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special requirements such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and quarantine as required
- Make public address announcements as required
- Assist colleagues in other areas of the airport to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and gate checked bags (cleared through security) are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Operate computers and specialist equipment such as air-bridge, scanners and airline specific software
- Produce work-related documentation when required
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Other duties as assigned
You will commence the role as a Grade 1 Agent Level 1, after successful completion of 12 months service subject to passing the probationary period and demonstrating competence in all basic and intermediate tasks, you will become a Grade 2 employee. Following a further period of development and subject to job vacancies arising you will have the opportunity to apply for other positions /promotion.
COMPANY TRAINING MODULES (to include)
GE01 / UK19 Company Induction / Equality, Diversity and Data Protection
UK20A Emergency Response Procedures Customer facing
GE03A Health & Safety Pax Specific
GE15 Manual Handling
DG05 Dangerous Goods
UK02 Baggage Reconciliation
Qualifications & Competencies
- In possession of at least three GCSE's / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able and willing to type and learn airline specific computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather if required
- Passionate about customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
- Full time
Posted 24 Feb 2018
Closes 24 Jul 2018
This job was posted to: Airline customer service