Hassocks, West Sussex, England
Value Engineer for global expanding aerospace company to identify tactical and strategic component repair cost reduction opportunities based in Sussex - Good package
You will reduce repair costs through in-depth analysis of quote, teardown and shop reports. Assist in the justification and negotiation of additional out of scope charges to customers.
You will have aviation knowledge together with an Aerospace Engineering degree or approved apprenticeship or equivalent work experience. Aviation component workshop experience would be preferable with a commercial understanding of engineering decisions.
Responsibilities of Value Engineer
· Review cost effectiveness of fixed price repair inclusions and exclusions and provide recommendations of changes required
· Partner with Vendor Management and provide feedback on component repair analysis and trends
· Trend analysis of warranty rejections to identify adverse customer or vendor behaviour
· Identify strategic use of embodiment loans and piece part supply
· Review BER/HCR identified stock and provide repair recommendations
· Provide support to the Technical Service Engineers on remedies for Fail on Fit and Low Hour Failure components
· Vendor workscope technical evaluation against incoming component defect, physical condition of component after teardown, CMM workscope, Modification requirements, customer requirements.
· Vendor challenge of workscope content, cost and value
· Workscope definition and justification
· Attractive benefits package
· On site gym
· Subsidised canteen
· Free onsite parking
An exciting new opportunity as a result of expansion for a Value Engineer in a forward thinking innovative company.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 23 Feb 2018
Closes 25 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer