Manufacturing Engineer (6 Month FTC)
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Manufacturing Engineer needed to provide support to Production, Purchasing and Commercial departments. The focus of the role will be to support a continuous improvement project for lead-time reduction on a range of electro-mechanical harness products. The product is manufactured in medium to low volumes for Aerospace and Defence customers.
Main duties will include:
* Work closely with the design team on product updates to ensure right first time solution for manufacture.
* Create and produce Manufacturing Instructions (Layouts) and Route Cards to ensure good product quality and repeatability in production.
* Specify or design new production tooling and assembly aids within 3D CAD environment and perform tooling trials.
* Specify, install & purchase test equipment, machinery & hand tooling for the project.
* Set- up the manufacturing area & ERP system (BOMs, Routings and Work Centers) to optimise manufacture flow.
* Provide & support Continuous Improvement (CI) manufacturing solutions to reduce build time, improve yield & quality both internally and within the supply chain.
Additional duties will include:
* Providing DFMAIT input to new projects on behalf of the production cell.
* Manufacture of 'Special to Type' test equipment, either in-house or subcontract.
* Provide a technical input to product & test equipment fault finding and diagnostics.
* Manufacturing Test & Engineering Support to other manufacturing cells.
Candidate attributes for this role will include:
* Electro-Mechanical engineering experience with an engineering based qualification in an appropriate technical discipline.
* 5 years Harness shop experience & familiarity of:
Wire specs, wire laying, crimping & shielding.
Military connectors and their specifications.
TE harnessing product range.
Codes of practice/working to military/aviation specifications.
* IPC620/610 qualification.
* Design for Manufacture, Assembly, Inspection & Test (DFMAIT)
* Awareness of AS9100 Aerospace Quality systems
* Excellent communication skills at all levels and good commercial awareness.
* Experience of any of the following systems/software would be a distinct advantage: TE HarnWare design software
MK Systems - AutoMeg
IFS - MRP system
Electronic Document Management System - Teamcenter
If you're interested in the available position then please send over an updated CV, and let me know what time would be most convenient for me to give you a call.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 1 - 1 Per year
- Full time
Posted 23 Feb 2018
Closes 25 Mar 2018
This job was posted to: Tooling