Logistics Specialist (M/F)
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the processing of aircraft material including physical handling of the freight, inspection, and forwarding to repair shops and/or customers
- Process incoming/outgoing material in accordance with guidelines/procedures
- Receiving, clarification resolution, and Shipping of aircraft material as per described procedures.
- Process transportation requests in compliance with governmental regulations
- Operate equipment as directed
- Daily communication with team members regarding operational status and changes
- Perform record keeping and filing as needed
- Input data in EDP system in keeping with procedures
- Recognize significance of required airworthiness certificates for aircraft material and proper application of associated regulatory requirements
- Fully cooperate with other Lufthansa management and departments
- Work according to documented Quality Management procedures and promote a preventative culture
- Embrace Lean, encourage Continuous Improvements and Safety in the workplace
- Be involved in special projects as applicable
- Communicate verbally and in writing with customers/vendors
- Attendance at meetings as directed and necessary
- Ensure operations meet customer targets
- Perform support functions and deputized duties as directed
- High school diploma/GED desirable
- Professional experience required: More than 2 years in airfreight industry
- Language: English required, German and Spanish desirable
- Industry knowledge required: Experience in air transportation and coordination of freight transportation
- Expert knowledge desirable: Fork Lift Truck Qualification, DGR certified or ability to become certified, must be able to obtain authorization to access Airport Security Areas Training in export/import procedures including export control and TSA Security measures, and be able to obtain/pass STA (Security Threat Assessment) background check from the TSA/Homeland Security
- User IT Knowledge: Basic Knowledge of MS Office. Some work experience in transportation and freight handling systems
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be willing to work outdoor weather conditions
- Must be willing to work with noise pollution
- Authority to sign transportation related documents
- Authority to negotiate ad hoc transportation pricing with suppliers
- Authority to offer rates to customers.
- Authority to approve transportation invoices within the department
- Authority to sign documentation for customs.
- Authority to sign transportation manifests and receipts
About Lufthansa Technik Logistik America LLC.
Lufthansa Technik Logistik GmbH and Lufthansa Technik Logistik Services GmbH are strongly expanding companies in the growth industry of logistics. With more than 1,000 employees worldwide we develop trend-setting logistics solutions for the aviation industry. Our product portfolio comprises the entire range of spare parts logistics, from highly-specialized engine transports to a global network of distribution solutions.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0470V247
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 22 Feb 2018
Closes 22 Jul 2018
This job was posted to: Freight