Aircraft Services Operative (Security)
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
This role is permanent, part time (20 hours per week) offering a rate of £8.50 per hour.
To provide our customers with an efficient professional Security service as per their specifications and as per CAA and TSA regulations as applicable. Abide to the relevant airport policies and our own company policies and procedures to include secure cleans / searches, Aircraft access and control, Aircraft Surveillance, catering security and secondary search procedures. Health and Safety Policies, Security / Ramp Awareness and Operational Excellence will play a key part in this role. Project a smart able attitude to our customers through, thorough work practices and excellent customer service.
You will work with the secure team to ensure security standards are maintained:
- Secure Aircraft
- Control access to aircraft
- Monitor and protect aircraft
- Carry out secure cleans
- Carry out catering checks / searches
- Carry out secondary screening as per TSA / airline requirement
- Ensure high standard of Security services is maintained always
- Ensure you carry out security duties in a consistent, professional manner
- Ensure you are smart, clean & tidy at all times & wearing the correct uniform, project a smart able attitude to our customers and a high degree of personal appearance always.
- Be responsible for the work of yourself before, during and after providing security services.
- Be responsible for personal Health & Safety in accordance with the Company's policy and procedure.
- Pre- driving checks, including tyres; water; oil; lights; indicators; beacon fuel and overall condition of vehicle.
- Provide crew with a safe mode of transport to and from aircraft.
- Report any vehicle faults to your duty manager.
- Assist in minor maintenance i.e. water, oil, bulbs, and fuel.
- Carry out any additional duties as required
It is not intended that the job description should reflect all tasks to be undertaken, but is intended to define the main areas of work. It is therefore not exhaustive.
The individual for this role should have good communication skills and the ability to deal with customers and staff in a positive and motivational manner. They will need the ability to react quickly to given situations, using innovative, creative solutions. Extreme weather working conditions will apply. All our staff are expected to be flexible in their duties and their rosters due to the ever-changing nature of our business.
This role is dependent upon the successful candidate being able to obtain and hold a full airside pass.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Full Airside Pass, this shall include attaining National Security Vetting to Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) level
- Proven experience gained in either Security, Aviation, Cleaning, Ground Handling or similar industry
- Good working knowledge of Aviation Operations
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full UK valid driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal recor
- Full time
Posted 10 Feb 2018
Closes 10 Jul 2018
This job was posted to: Airport security