Airport Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Greater Manchester, England
The Airport QHSE Manager is the key leader to drive the Zero incident and Zero waste culture within the operations at the airport, including assurance that operational QHSE delivery is in accordance with the industry's and Swissport's global quality, safety & environment management systems and standards.
- Report directly to the to the station General Manager and dotted line country / Regional QHSE Manager.
- In coordination with the country / Regional QHSE manager, and support of the station General Manager; identify, propose and implement activities to accelerate the implementation of the Zero incident and Zero waste mind-set.
- Act as change agent, coach and advisor for the local management team and employees.
- Align with the global QHSE strategy and support the local management in developing the station QHSE strategic roadmap, drive implementation of action plans and objectives.
- Ensure comprehensive and efficient implementation of Swissport's QHSE management system within the stations and actively support the development and improvement of the Swissport Quality Health & Safety Management System as part of the Swissport Formula.
- Be the regional point of contact and reference for Quality, Safety and Environment for all Swissport's business units.
- Lead by example and continuously manage and coordinate QHSE improvement and compliance within the region by leading the cultural change to a Zero Incident and Zero Waste mind-set.
- Implement a sustainable QHSE commitment, awareness, knowledge, behaviours and engagement of the station management and employees.
- Deliver regular QHSE performance reports to the Country and Station Management.
- Provide guidance and develop the local QHSE management at the stations.
- Plan, prepare and conduct internal safety audits in Swissport operational organizations and initiate / monitor corrective actions based on audit findings and occurrence investigations.
- Initiate and/or carry out investigations on occurrences if applicable.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of an operational risk register and the legal surveillance and compliance to the country and industries standards and laws.
- Enhance experience sharing by promoting exchange of resources and support.
- Assure participation in global expert groups.
- Be the point of contact for airline representatives, airport authorities for all QHSE related matters.
- A high sense of passion for improving QHSE culture and standards.
- Strong leadership experience ideally in a multi-cultural, international business environment.
- Ability to drive change in QHSE culture and to gain credibility, to persuade, gain support, obtain commitment, and mobilize management and team to action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, build relationships as required to achieve goals while meeting the needs of the business
- Liaise with the countries / stations and Swissport's business units to ensure continuity of QHSE programs at the regional network level.
- Be accountable and maintaining high standards of performance, while striving to improve operations.
- Work independently and effectively in an evolving, complex and dynamic environment.
- Be willing to learn and make courageous decisions.
- Ability, through effective communication in a multi-cultural env
Qualifications and Competencies
- Technical degree or professional qualifications or equivalent in related field, required.
- Industry Certification: such as certified Safety Professional, Industrial Hygienist; NBOSH diploma or equivalent in safety management.
- 2 -3 years of experience in a QHSE management role in the industry.
- Successful experience in implementing ISO/OHSAS/ ISAGO. Certified auditor, desirable.
- Knowledge of region / country specific laws and industry regulations related to safety, health and environment.
- Proven track record in the implementation of QHSE systems and behavioural based safety programs.
- Operational and general compliance orientation.
- Experience in risk assessments, accident/incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Fluent command of English as the corporate language, other language is a plus.
- Full time
Posted 8 Feb 2018
Closes 8 Jul 2018
This job was posted to: Airport manager