Aviation Crew Control Officer
OSM Aviation is growing rapidly as we enjoy significant commercial success partnering with key global airlines. As a result, we are looking for a Legal Director in Norway – placed in our Head Office in Lysaker, Oslo.
Provide legal expertise in a variety of legal areas, including contract law, corporate law, employment, compliance, tax/transfer pricing, M&A and intellectual property based on sound understanding of the company’s business and on the market environment, demands, and practices. Director Legal will serve as the link between HQ, regional offices and external legal providers on all legal matters.
Areas of responsibility:
• Offer legal advice, interpretation and guidance to executives and managers on a variety of legal areas, including, but not limited to; contract law, employment, compliance, tax/transfer pricing, M&A, intellectual property, and other corporate and business matters.
• Coordinate, instruct and review the use of domestic and international external legal counsel.
• Participate in strategic decision making, helping drive the business and jump novel legal hurdles.
• Contribute to the Company’s international expansion by among others evaluating new market opportunities, devising and managing entry plans and setting up legal entities/company registration in other countries.
• Negotiate, write, execute and supervise agreements on behalf of the company towards vendors, customers, technology partners, employees and consultants.
• Participate and represent OSM Aviation in negotiations with unions, customers and other relevant parties.
• Participate in, and contribute to, RFP/tender processes towards potential customers.
• Research and anticipate legal issues that could impact the company.
• Prepare, attend and represent the company at court hearings and at public litigations.
• Develop legal policies and improve the company’s legal processes.
• Manage, process and settle internal employment issues involving harassment, discrimination or other breaches of code of conduct.
• Termination of employment.
• Coordinate inter-company efforts to ensure compliance with GDPR and other regulatory requirements.
• Supervising legal assistants.
• The position reports to the Top Management Group.
Desired skills and experience:
• 5-7+ years of relevant of relevant experience in a corporate legal department and/or private law firm.
• Experience with contract negotiations is highly valued.
• Preferred candidates will have had exposure in international business.
• Law degree / Master of Law (MM.L.) / Equivalent.
• Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills in English. Proficiency in Scandinavian languages is considered a plus.
• Capable of distilling complex and cumbersome legal terms into comprehensible English.
• Preferred candidate must grasp new legal concepts quickly and find practical solutions to complex issues.
• Strong analytical skills, sound business judgement and capable of applying existing knowledge across a very wide range of legal and corporate areas.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization and business partners.
• Maintain calm and composed under pressure.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
• Eager to learn and take on additional responsibility.
• Will to travel and work both domestically and abroad.
• Knowledge and interest in general aviation and the aviation industry is beneficial.
• Strong profiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel (MS-Office).
What do we offer you?
• Large international company with offices in 18 countries.
• Possibility to develop professionally.
• Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities.
• To be part of a unique and fast growing company.
• Skillful and social colleagues in a vibrant and dynamic environment.
• Beautiful office and surroundings close to Lysaker Brygge.
• Personal computer, mobile phone and coverage of telephone subscription.
• Competitive salaries.
- Full time
Posted 31 Jan 2018
Closes 30 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Cabin crew manager