Hardware Engineer (Digital)
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Job Title: Hardware Engineer (Digital)
Duration: 6 months
One of the world's leading Defence & Aerospace companies require a Hardware Engineer (Digital) to join their team in Stevenage on a 6 month contract basis! As the Hardware Engineer, you will support several of the most advanced telecommuncation payloads currently in orbit!
Outline Job Profile
The main duty for the successful candidate will be towards the generation of test systems capable of carrying out both proof-of-design and performance tests within a world leading high-tech digital processor product business-line.
The digital processors designed within this division are used in several of the most advanced telecommunication payloads currently in orbit, and the ability to test these complex systems relies on a wide understanding of both the RF and digital electronics that constitute the designs.
Candidate will be expected to work within product teams to capture design information, discuss and agree procedures for testing at all stages of assembly and ensure all work is sufficiently defined to allow accurate cost and scheduling data to be generated. Main roles of the candidate will be:
· Software design and debug
· Automatic test procedure generation
· Hardware/software integration and debug
· Test validation and design proving
· Design and software control (versioning, documentation, technical reviews)
· Work efficiently within a dedicated test system design team
· Deliver test system designs to cost, schedule and quality expectations
· Support of test activities leading to unit delivery
Qualifications and/or Skills
· Engineering Degree (Electrical, Software or closely related discipline), 2.1 or above.
· Very strong background in software design and implementation, especially in the context of a test application
· Fluent in several software languages (C/C++, Java, Python)
· Proven track-record in a product design and test business environment
· Very strong background in software/hardware integration
· Commitment to delivering technical reports as required by the project team.
· Experience of working within a product manufacture and test domain
· Understanding and practical application of RF test & measurement equipment
· Knowledge of digital electronics design and manufacture (schematic capture, PCB, FPGA/ASIC, power architecture)
· Knowledge of SQL and database applications
Essential: Extensive experience of software application design and development
Desirable: strong knowledge of working with a test and measurement team or function
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 24 Jan 2018
Closes 23 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Hardware engineer