Buyer/AOG Coordinator (M/F)
- Generate aircraft availability according to service level obligations for the assigned accounts utilizing assets and sourcing
- Process and coordinate material supply for assigned accounts
- Provide material services for ad hoc and scheduled customer inquiries
- Act as the interface within Lufthansa Technik, the customer and other business partners
- Purchase, loan and expedite material using the most economical means in-order to meet our customer's demand
- Work independently on material sourcing and logistics coordination tasks
- Capability of coordinating multiple high priority requests in an organized and urgent manner
- Process, coordinate and document all material requests
- Proactively work on clarifications and discrepancies as they occur
- Initiate, coordinate and track shipments in cooperation with freight forwarders in-order to fulfil customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Attend customer meetings and conference calls
- Additional duties include material supply during heavy maintenance visits (HMV), ensuring correct cost booking, data entry per Lufthansa Technik procedures, monitor customer orders, supporting functions and other tasks as assigned
- Work with various Lufthansa Technik systems, such as SAP, MAX-LRU and input data in EDP systems in compliance with Lufthansa Technik procedures
- Work according to, and support the Quality Management System
- Perform support functions and deputized duties as directed
- Candidate has to be able to pass security background check as well as drug test
- High school diploma/GED desirable
- College degree/vocational training desirable: Bachelor desirable
- Internship desirable
- Professional experience desirable: at least 3-years' experience
- Language: English required, German and Spanish desirable
- Industry knowledge desirable: Aviation Industry Experience for example Technical Purchasing, MRO, Material Planner, AOG Buyer, Maintenance Planner, Sales, Logistics and Warehousing, or Maintenance, MEL, IPC, CMM familiarity, Maintenance Knowledge, Military experience
- Expert knowledge desirable
- Expert IT Knowledge: Microsoft Office, SAP
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
*CV/Resume and Cover Letter required.
About Lufthansa Technik Component Services LLC.
Lufthansa Technik is the worldwide leading independent provider of maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft. With tailored maintenance programs and state-of-the-art repair methods we ensure the durable reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are an internationally-licensed maintenance, production and development company. With its six business units (Maintenance, Overhaul, Component Services, Engine Services, Landing Gear Services, and VIP Services and Innovation) the Lufthansa Technik Group offers its approximate 800 customers worldwide, a complete range of services round about aircraft technology.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0470V237
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 12 Jan 2018
Closes 11 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Airline manager