Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
As a Project Engineer working within the Engineering Team, this role is responsible for delivering engineering solutions for the design, development, qualification, manufacture and long term supply of advanced composite components. Within this role you will interface directly with other business functions to gain the necessary input for the required solution. The role also has an element of project management ensuring the New Product Introduction (NPI) toll gate process is implemented and adhered to and appropriate project management tools are used and status is clearly communicated. This role is critical to progressing Research and Development technology readiness level technologies through the NPI process and delivering innovative, competitive, aerospace certified products to market to challenging customer timelines. This supports increased sales and the sites ambitious growth strategy. As a project engineer you will learn to deliver innovative composite products through the use of design for manufacture, design to cost and design for variability toolsets. You will test and interrogate rapid prototype parts manufactured in the dedicated R&D facility to mitigate technical risk and ultimately deliver robust components to market. You will see your designs fly.
In this role you will:
* Support in the identification, design, development, introduction and validation of new systems and components.
* Complete a detailed CAD models and drawings including determining key technical and quality features to aid manufacture.
* Understand drawings and technical specifications in order to assess and maintain compliance to all requirements and where necessary, liaise with the customer and suppliers to determine technical requirements.
* Implement design validation activities using such tools as first principle calculations and Finite Element Analysis and define validation tests.
* Design, manufacture/subcontract and commission various tooling used in the manufacture/test of composite components and assemblies.
* Oversee and execute testing and compile reports on activities following scrutiny of test data.
You will bring to the role:
* Relevant experience required of Mechanical Engineering or in similar areas such as Aerospace Engineering or Automotive Engineering (bachelor's degree preferable)
* Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong organisation, planning, and delivery skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication ability
* Be highly motivated, with a strong ability to use own initiative
* A team player approach with the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
* Experience of leading change/improvement implementation programmes with both Senior Management & operational teams.
In addition to this is would be desirable for you to have:
* Industry experience in a Design and Development environment
* Experience of engineering project management.
* Knowledge of composite materials.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 30000 - 38000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 12 Jan 2018
Closes 11 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Composites