Pro/E Designer - Drawing Office
Fareham, Hampshire, England
To design aircraft components for fuel systems (typically pumps and valves), and other applications that meet the customer's requirements and expectations within agreed timescales and costs using 2D or 3D CAD software with supporting analysis.
* Produce design solutions for new products and for product modifications,
* working to project plans and liaising with programme management.
* Produce detail designed 3D solid models using Pro-Engineer or CATIA software.
* Carry out supporting stress, performance and tolerancing calculations relating to designs.
* Play a lead role in using Design for Six Sigma tools during the lifecycle of the product.
* Approval of detail manufacturing drawings.
* Liaise with other team members in the design process, including the
* Drawing Office, and Development, Performance & Stress engineers.
* Work concurrently with Manufacturing Engineers to ensure Design for Manufacture.
* Attend and present design solutions at Design Reviews.
* Assist Operations in all aspects to support issues arising in manufacturing with both new and legacy products. This involves sentencing concession and drawing change applications and helping with process development.
* Attend and present assessments of concession and drawing change applications at the material and changes review boards.
* Proven experience in a relevant design environment ideally gained in the Aerospace or Automotive Industry.
* Proven 3-D CAD experience, preferably Pro-E Wildfire or CATIA V5
* In depth understanding of manufacturing processes in a batch production environment
* Experience of castings and machining of castings desirable
* Experience in electronics packaging and electromechanical assemblies desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 30 - 40 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 12 Jan 2018
Closes 11 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Design engineer