Los Angeles, California, United States
Lead, plan and direct the shift operations, overseeing its workforce development, financial, quality and operational mission and objectives, in accordance with agreed divisional safety and guest service standards. Manage all elements of operations for Etihad Airways and Etihad Aviation Partner flights d while on duty
- Policies and procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Day-to-day operations
Manage the day-to-day operations by providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards
- People development
Manage the effective achievement of objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff in order to maximize performance
- Safety, Quality and Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Execute standards to meet safety, financial, quality and operational objectives (guest handling/baggage) on a shift basis ensuring excellence in delivery for Etihad Airways and Etihad Aviation Partner flights.
- Establishment and manage a sound working professional relationship with all internal and external stake holders at the airport, equity partner airlines, local authorities, ground handlers.
- Responsible for effective leadership and management of the workforce on shift, delivering on staff development and performance, mentoring and performance management
- Ensure airport revenues are optimized and costs are controlled in accordance with Etihad financial policies and procedures. Identify and implement cost saving initiatives
- Execute and deliver the Etihad vision for world class guest experience delivery on shift through successful implementation of plans, policies and procedures to deliver world class best in class service levels delivery for Etihad Airways and Etihad Aviation Partner flights
- Deliver and maintain station emergency response plan, disruption planning, diversion and delays and business continuity plans on a shift basis.
- Deliver Best Practices improve and enhance operations through ongoing identification, mitigation and management of non-compliance or areas of improvement across safety, quality and operations.
- Lead the shift and drive employee engagement, a high performance culture that gives emphasizes to empowerment, communication, quality, productivity, goal attainment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 year of relevant Work Experience OR High School with 4 Years of relevant Work Experience within Service, hospitality, airline or retail industry with a relavant knowledge of aviation, travel and/or airport poliies.
- Previous exposure to highly pressured and multicultural environment with shift-working patterns on a supervisory role is required.
- The role requires a mature personality with outstanding communication skills,people management skills and passion to deliver world-class service at all times.
- The role must be able to balance guest-centric focus and corporate interest, while maintaining the highest safety measures and managing multiple teams on shift-basis.
- Communication skills - Excellent
- Customer Service skills - Advanced
- Complaints Handling skills - Advanced
- English Language skills - Advanced
- Performance Management skills - Basic
- Planning&Organizing skills - Advanced
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Aviation Group (EAG) is a diversified global aviation and travel group comprising five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways Engineering, Etihad Airport Services, Hala Group and Airline Equity Partners. The group has minority investments in six airlines: airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways and Virgin Australia.
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to, or has announced plans to serve, more than 110 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of over 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. In 2013, it placed firm orders for 204 aircraft, which included 71 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and 10 Airbus A380s. For more information, please visit: Apply
- Full time
- Boeing 787
Posted 12 Jan 2018
Closes 11 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Airline customer service