Lead Fleet Engineer - B777
United Arab Emirates
Let your career take off with the World’s Leading Airline, Etihad Airways. Work in the forefront of the aviation industry, with the airline that has reimagined the flying experience through its pioneering products and services.
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Fleet Engineering team. As a Lead Fleet Engineer, be responsible for the compliance on all CAR-OPS 1 and CAR M requirements in order to ensure the continuing airworthiness and to maintain the aircraft safety standard.
- Report to the Fleet Manager and responsible for the compliance on all CAR-OPS 1 and CAR M requirements in order to ensure the continuing airworthiness and to maintain the aircraft safety standard.
- Review, incorporation and follow up on all airframe, avionics, structures and components related Airworthiness Directives and mandatory Service Bulletins on the Etihad Airways Fleet to ensure that all mandatory modifications are properly assessed, decided, all the related EOs and ADRs are issued and complied in a timely manner to maintain aircraft airworthiness and safety standards
- Evaluate reliability data, perform root cause analysis and develop corrective action plans. Work with OEMs, MROs and internal departments to improve the fleet reliability, on-time performance and reduce cost
- Create business cases for modifications and facilitate decision making in the Modification Review Committee
- Compile Engineering Orders, Special Checks and Additional Engineering Requirements for the purpose of modification, aircraft status assessment for reliability and safety issues and to ensure accomplishment of additional work to resolve technical issues
- Support technical projects (e.g. EIS, end of aircraft lease, modification projects)
- Recommend amendments to maintenance programs and procedures to reduce maintenance and operations costs by avoiding delays, technical incidents, unscheduled maintenance, AOGs, etc
- Provide support to the contracts department for maintenance contract reviews and warranty claims
- Ensures that all TFU/FTD/SIL/SL are reviewed on regular basis and related advisories are issued
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with internal processes and procedures
- Encourages colleagues and is actively involved in the promotion of a positive reporting culture, by reporting any unsafe acts, unsafe conditions or safety risks
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications that meet the eligibility requirements for membership as a charted engineer (e.g. Bachelor degree in the field of Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electrical/Electronics engineering)
- At least 5 years of Avionics experience in Aircraft Engineering, Maintenance Control or Aircraft Maintenance
- Formal knowledge in aircraft systems engineering and B777 at least Level 2 3 type training course.
- Familiar with GCAA Part M/CAR M and Part 145 regulations and valid regulatory training for Human Factors, Fuel Tank Safety, EWIS, Part M/CAR M, ETOPS and SMS.
- Experience in operating the Maintenance Information System CMRO. Experience in AMOS will be an added advantage.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Aviation Group (EAG) is a diversified global aviation and travel group comprising five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways Engineering, Etihad Airport Services, Hala Group and Airline Equity Partners. The group has minority investments in six airlines: airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways and Virgin Australia.
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to, or has announced plans to serve, more than 110 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of over 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. In 2013, it placed firm orders for 204 aircraft, which included 71 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and 10 Airbus A380s. For more information, please visit: Apply
- Full time
- Boeing 787
Posted 12 Jan 2018
Closes 11 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Project manager