CNC Machinist (XYZ)
CNC Machinist XYZ
Exciting new permanent opportunity for a CNC Machinist XYZ to join a leading Aerospace company based in Nottinghamshire.
As a CNC Machinist XYZ you will have a time served apprenticeship with experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably aerospace)
Core/ Key Responsibilities:
* Experience of running XYZ machines
* Setting and operating machine types (Spindle probing, Datum setting, key characteristics, G, D&T, tool offsetting, programme selection/saving)
* Reading 2D engineering drawings.
* Recording productive time on manufacturing systems and managing route cards.
* Involvement in team activities such as 5S, TPM, SQDCP board discussions, QEE and other activities.
* Promoting and maintaining a safe work environment and practices.
* Self-inspection or parts produced, resolving Non-Conformance (NCR) issues.
* Experience use of standard measuring systems and methodologies.
* 39 hour working week with an early finish on Friday (5 hours)
Qualification and skills:
* The Ideal candidate will have an academic background if possible with NVQ level 3 / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering.
* Requires time served on programming/setting and operating 3 Axis machines.
* Industry experience - Aerospace (ideal), Nuclear, Medical or Automotive (high end), Motorsport: all with high tolerances (+/-0.01mm, Airbus SO4 and S104 stds).
* Working to AS9100 / EASA Part 21 (G) standards (ideal).
* Must have good team working skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Flexible and forward thinker with a 'can do' attitude.
* Ideally located within easy local commute to Sutton-in-Ashfield site.
* Able to cover shifts as required (rotating days/nights, some weekends or days)
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on Applyor visit our website Apply
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
Posted 11 Jan 2018
Closes 10 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Composites