Aircraft Component Technician (M/F)
Repair, troubleshoot, inspect, modify and paint aircraft components. These components may include emergency aircraft equipment, avionics, and pneumatics and/or hydraulics components.
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, paint and modify avionics components using state-of-the-art repair techniques and test equipment in accordance with OEM specifications
- Reads and follows plans and manuals, customer order instructions, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines
- Fulfills all regular and advanced installation/repair/maintenance duties, including project layout, and completes required paperwork and documentation in a timely manner
- Functionally test all assemblies to ensure serviceability of completed units
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements
- Develops tools and equipment in accordance with OEM specifications as required
- Prepare documentation
- Assist in the training and development of other junior level personnel
- A technician may be assigned to one or more departments, depending on operational needs of the company at the time of assignment
*All other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma/GED desirable
- College degree/vocational training desirable
- Professional experience desirable
- Language: English required
- Industry knowledge desirable: Aircraft Components, or equivalent education
- Expert knowledge desirable: FAA A&P Certificate or FAA Repairman Certificate, experience in painting aircraft components
- IT Knowledge as user: MS Office
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Must be willing to work with noise pollution
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
About Lufthansa Technik Component Services LLC.
Lufthansa Technik is the worldwide leading independent provider of maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft. With tailored maintenance programs and state-of-the-art repair methods we ensure the durable reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are an internationally-licensed maintenance, production and development company. With its six business units (Maintenance, Overhaul, Component Services, Engine Services, Landing Gear Services, and VIP Services and Innovation) the Lufthansa Technik Group offers its approximate 800 customers worldwide, a complete range of services round about aircraft technology.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0470V236
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
- FAA A&P
Posted 10 Jan 2018
Closes 9 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic