System Safety Engineer
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
We are currently looking for a Systems Safety & Reliability Engineer to join the existing team, working for a prestigious Aviation Company based in Gloucester.
This is a contract requirement, working through Carbon 60, with an initial term of 6 months, and a good chance of extension. Hourly rate is competitive, and will be working on the Client site in Gloucester. It is not anticipated that there will be any travel with this role, however flexibility is useful.
In this role you will:
· Promote a culture of Safety engagement across the organization which emphasizes shared responsibility in achieving safe and reliable designs.
· Provide strategic technical leadership and maintain oversight of the System Safety engineering activities across multiple commercial and military development projects within the product area.
· Lead projects to a successful outcome by setting the Safety plan, coordinating Safety support with internal and external customers, influencing emerging designs, driving proactive Safety team engagement, performing Safety analyses, and resolving technical issues.
· Author, review and approve critical safety-related project documentation.
· Provide mentoring and training in order to grow the safety organisations capability in performing safety assessments of propeller systems.
· Engagement of internal and external customers.
· Attend project meetings in support of Safety.
· Maintain knowledge of industry standards.
Qualifications / Requirements
The successful candidate will have:
· A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent experience
· Extensive experience in the aviation industry or aircraft operations experience in related positions
· Direct experience performing of System Safety engineering tasks on Propeller or Mechanical Systems using techniques defined in SAE ARP 4761, MIL-STD-882, DEF STAN 00-56 or FAR/CS 25.1309
· Ability to guide and influence others
· Strong oral and written communication skills
Additional consideration will be given if you have:
· Knowledge of Propeller System civil certification requirements (i.e. 14 CFR 35 or CS-P)
· Knowledge of processes leading to compliance with industry regulatory standards
· Knowledge and experience of performing reliability analyses, Prediction and FMEA, on mechanical systems.
· Ability to apply engineering fundamentals and System Safety engineering principles to a variety of product areas (e.g. Avionics and Power Distribution)
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 8 Jan 2018
Closes 7 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Software engineer