HAPS Manufacturing Operations Manager
Farnborough, Hampshire, England
Job Title: HAPS Manufacturing Operations Manager
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Duration: 6 months
Description of the Job:
The HAPS Zephyr is a new state of the art solar powered ultralight weight electric Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for use in commercial and military applications from Airbus Defence and Space.
A new role has been created for a Project Manager inside the HAPS Zephyr Production project team. The scope of this role is to deliver new production systems to manufacture the HAPS Zephyr Aircraft platforms and Ground Support Equipment(GSE) in line with business requirements. (Safety, Quality, Cost and Time).
The successful applicant will report to the Head of HAPS Production and join the TUMZM business unit (operationally and functionally) in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
As a leader in the HAPS Production Multi-Function Team (MFT) your main tasks and responsibilities will be to deliver the new HAPS Zephyr production system and organisation Safety, Quality, Cost and Time targets through:
· Become the accountable project manager for the enablement and relocations phases of the HAPS production project.
· Take accountability for the project charter and work with Work Package Leaders and business functions to deliver the project through accurate work and organisational planning (SOW / WBS / OBS) in a matrix management organisation.
· Provide excellent communications, clear status and accurate reporting on project performance, progress and risks management.
· Agree the Airbus Project Management Governance standards appropriate for the project and demonstrate compliance through out the project lifecycle.
· Application of APQP as appropriate (Airbus Quality Standards)
· Work proactively with project stakeholders to anticipate and solve problems.
· Identify and Embrace new technology and changes whilst controlling project scope.
· Demonstrate the production systems can deliver aircraft in accordance with the business targets and hand over to the Operations team for series production.
· Ensure Airbus business systems (including IT) are configured and enabled for HAPS.
· Ensure project alignment and support to Industrial Strategy and supply chain developments
· Hands-on problem solving and support to production during project lifecycle.
· Ensure outputs of Design For Manufacture (DFM) / Design To Cost (DTC) studies are secured.
You will also be responsible for:
· Deriving and enable production KPIs in conjunction with ME & operations teams.
· Enable Health and Safety target achievement.
· Enablement of the "Right First Time" Quality culture with associated business systems and feedback loops
· Leadership, Management, recruitment and training of Production MFT personnel as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
· Innovative, flexible, agile and self driven project manager with a demonstrated portfolio of production system enablement in a matrix organisation.
· Delivery focussed and "completer / finisher" behaviours.
· Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
· Proven experience of project management in a matrix organisation
· Risk and Opportunity Management practitioner including working with suppliers.
· Excellent Leadership, management and communication skills in a fast paced, technologically advanced and changing environment.
· Able to lead in a multi-function team and matrix organisation.
· Excellent IT Skills. Competent in PM toolset. (MS Project/ Primavera P6) and MS Office.
· English to Negotiation Level
· Knowledge of Aerospace Production and assembly techniques and standards
· Knowledge of electronics hardware production, avionic system installation and testing.
· Knowledge of CFRP part fabrication / layup production techniques
· Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements pertinent to production enablement.
· Knowledge of Aerospace production certification requirements.
· Manufacturing Systems Engineering knowledge.
· Flexibility to support future multiple factory locations.
· Able to obtain UK SC Clearance
· Experience solving technical operational issues (Practical Problem Solving / PPS).
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 5 Jan 2018
Closes 4 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Project manager