Team Leader PRM (Passenger Reduced Mobility)
Jersey, Crown Dependencies
This role has a hourly rate of £11.24
To provide professional supervision on a shift basis to the PRM team to ensure the highest standards of quality, customer service, punctuality and health and safety are maintained.
- Supervise, motivate and organise the PRM Agents on shift to ensure that Airline quality and punctuality standards and Swissport performance standards are met in the most cost effective-fashion.
- Review the performance of all agents on shift, to identify areas for improvement, to provide immediate training and to refer for further training where appropriate, to maintain the highest level of effectiveness and professionalism.
- Act as the first line contact for all staff on shift, in order to help staff solve problems accurately and with customer and Swissport guidelines.
- To act as a role model in all dealings with others and to ensure new staff are coached and supported to reach optimum performance as quickly as possible, in order to aid retention and development of staff.
- To deal effectively with passengers ineligible to fly or causing difficulties, in a professional effective manner, in order to minimise disruption on station or delay to normal activities.
- To consistently work in a safe and effective manner, to ensure that any action taken does not cause a risk either to themselves or any other party. To promptly implement appropriate emergency procedures as required and report all safety and security risks, promptly and through the correct channels.
- Forge professional and effective working relationships with own team, supervisors, airline customers and their representatives, in order to maintain and develop Swissport's reputation. To willingly share knowledge and own experience with colleagues and act in a cooperative manner to ensure customer service is continuously improved.
- Consistently demonstrate a high standard of appearance and time keeping, in order to maintain the visual and professional status of Swissport
- Undertake additional duties assigned by the Passenger Supervisor, Duty Manager or Terminal Operations Manager .
- Ensure compliance with all SOPs and policies in order to meet or exceed regulatory standards and deliver the desired customer service experience
- Ensure all safety and security processes and procedures are complied with at all times
- Manage and contribute towards change within the operational environment and maintain commercial awareness in identifying new business opportunities
- Any other duties that may be required
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- In possession of at least three GCSE's / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint) skills and experience required
- Minimum 1 years' experience or equivalent in a Customer Service role
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able and willing to type and learn airline specific computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather if required
- Passionate about customer service
- Leadership and people management skills
- A proven ability to problem solving and decision making experiences
- Planning, organisational skills with effective communication skills both verbally and written
- Commitment to continuous improvement and must have relevant work experience
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
- A good understanding of all regulatory and recommended procedures that relate to the airport environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Full time
Posted 5 Jan 2018
Closes 4 Jun 2018
This job was posted to: Project manager