Exeter, Devon, England
TARCG - The Aviation Recruitment & Consultant Group | Aviation Recruitment Run By Aviation Professionals!
TARCG are pleased to announce a new partnership with a well-established MRO and regional airline based in Exeter. We now have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Buyer to their operations on a permanent basis.
Category Buyer will work within a small team who are responsible for contracting all DOCs (direct operating costs) relating to Airports, Ground Handlers and all other service suppliers associated with the ground servicing of operations. Category buyer will also be responsible to procure hotel and taxi contracts for our crew and disrupted customers and to support the phased introduction of our procurement system within the organisation.
In support of the organisations ‘Sustainable Business Improvement Plan’, Category Buyer will be required to deliver cost improvements and to deliver to Organisational Excellence ensuring that all internal stakeholders are fully informed and committed to all contracts recommended for authorisation.
The salary for this role is 23,000GBP – 24,500GBP with strong career progression opportunities and possibilities.
The successful applicant must have the following:
The essential skills and qualifications required to successfully perform the job are as follows:
• A experience or at a minimum, a clear understanding of contracting and commercial procurement with suppliers
• An understanding of budget management and financial forecasting
• The desire to work towards membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
• Confident, effective and coherent communicator, analytical with attention to detail including good to great Excel skills
• The ability to analyse and present contract details succinctly to all stakeholders including board members
• Good understanding of airport and ground handling operations
• Track record of delivering and reporting on multiple projects in a timely manner
• Adept at building productive relationships with internal & external customers at all levels
• Confident negotiator
• Graduate or equivalent
If you think you are ready to take on a new challenge and can meet the requirements above APPLY NOW FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.
Our mission is clear. We offer the most cost effective & flexible aviation recruitment in the world. We bring the right people together to drive transformation within the aviation recruitment industry. We work with our clients & partners to build the foundations that enable organizations to achieve an unfair advantage. We are shaping the future of aviation. Together.
TAGS: cost engineer, supply chain analyst, buyer, category buyer, category manager
- Full time
Posted 29 Dec 2017
Closes 29 Jan 2018
This job was posted to: Airline buyer, Airline purchasing, Airline sales