Financial Planner & Analyst
Bridgeton, Indiana, United States
The Financial Planner & Analyst (FP&A) – Maintenance and Engineering is a Holdings level position that reports directly to the Managing Director – Technical Services and Fleet Transactions. In this newly created, high visibility position, the FP&A will perform a wide range of aircraft budgeting, forecasting, RFP, planning, and other aircraft financial analysis. The FP&A will work closely with operating management to define and execute analysis, and develop conclusions and recommendations. TSH will rely heavily on the FP&A, working in conjunction with the CFO and his staff, to meet virtually all of their aircraft maintenance cost analytical and reporting needs. The FP&A must therefore provide high impact, accurate and timely analysis to support well founded investment decisions, accelerated growth, and performance improvement initiatives. The FP&A is required to play an energetic role within TSH Maintenance Division, which requires a breadth of knowledge and a depth of experience. At the heart of the FP&A role is driving maintenance improvements and enhancing Company value.
· Develop, maintain and improve models and templates in excel to be used for recurring financial analyses, and planning for maintenance expenditures.
· Develop and communicate aircraft budgeting and forecasting schedule to ensure coordination and cooperation across TSH and within the airline subsidiary companies.
· Create templates as necessary to facilitate gathering financial inputs from multiple sources. Gather inputs and develop appropriate aircraft maintenance cost, along with key operating metrics that can be tracked and measured.
· Develop 10-year aircraft maintenance cost forecast with appropriate high level inputs.
· Work with maintenance management to design, track, and analyze KPI performance to provide accountability to the organization.
· Monitor and analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
· Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
· Analyze complex financial information and provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
· Supporting senior management team and department heads with in-depth analysis.
· Ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
· Prepare presentations for CFO and senior management team on quarterly and monthly maintenance financial results of financial planning and analysis to support business objectives.
· This includes, but is not limited to, forecast accuracy, variance analysis, and KPIs.
· Support and facilitate contract analysis and negotiations.
· Maintain a professional working relationship with co-workers, our subsidiary stakeholders and mainline representatives.
· Ensure all specified policies, practices and procedures are complied with.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
· US Citizen or must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
· Valid driver’s license.
· Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
· Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
· Ability to lift, carry and move light to medium weight of 10 – 30 pounds as well as good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· College degree or equivalent experience a plus but not required. Prefer major in Finance or Accounting (2-year degree in a financial related discipline and/or equivalent experience).
· 1-3 years of experience in an analytical role working with financial information.
· Ability to work with specialized maintenance inventory and reporting systems.
· Airline experience and knowledge of the maintenance industry is preferred, but not required.
· Should have the ability to work well with others with a time sensitive team approach.
· Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
· Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members.
· Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
· Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
· Detail oriented, yet able consolidate and present detailed work simply.
· Finisher, with ability to complete work with minimal errors.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively with senior
- Full time
Posted 22 Dec 2017
Closes 21 May 2018
This job was posted to: Airline finance