Uniontown, Alabama, United States
Job Description Summary
The Designer will be responsible for the support of design projects and Engineering Change Orders (ECO) for the Business Unit. This position also includes customer focus, communication, and participating in team events.
Key job duties
- Create and revise 2D drawings and 3D models for the purpose of fabrication or to accurately define the engineering design of a product to the vendor and customer.
- Aid engineering in the design of new products or in the redesign of existing products. Working with and for engineers of various disciplines, determine the best design for new products or re-design of existing products.
- Check drawings for accuracy, neatness, and completeness. Serve as a backup checker when required. Basic Qualifications Associates/Technical Degree (two year)
- 0-5 years of experience
- The candidate should have an understanding of Autodesk software such as AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor. Knowledge of Catia V5 is a plus but not required.
- MS Word and Excel experience.
- The candidate should have the ability to read and understand blueprint/technical drawings.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5M-1994 Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards is a plus.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Client/Customer Focus 5
- Effective Teamwork"
Please send resumes to Apply
- Full time
Posted 22 Dec 2017
Closes 21 May 2018
This job was posted to: Design engineer