Operations Support Representative
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
Facilitate and assist Supply Chain work team with understanding, communication, and prioritization of support requirements for assigned Operations team. Assist Sr. Manager by performing broad responsibilities in support of maintenance and customer requirements. Frequently interact with internal and external customers, management, and other departments. Areas of influence include Material Logistics, Transportation, Outside Services, Procurement, and Store Rooms working under limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as the primary point of contact for the Supply Chain Organization to their assigned Maintenance group; facilitates component movement, parts procurement and transportation, Outside Service requirements, and transportation requests with the appropriate Supply Chain teams.
- Interact with Operations leadership to determine and validate parts requirements & ensuring need by dates & promise dates are accurate in Oracle and actions appropriately.
- Review DAS sheet and/or Project Manager/Business Planner of critical items impacting schedule and facilitate resolution of Supply Chain issues..
- Attend daily aircraft status meetings, providing and gathering information for dissemination with the Supply Chain team.
- Exhaust all options and/or work with Business Planner, Lead & Customer to resolve any kickbacks ensuring priority and need by date are focused on.
- Assist and communicate as required with the Supply Chain team in expediting priority/AOG parts through the receiving system to ensure part deliveries support aircraft schedules.
- Facilitate delivery of AOG and “work stoppage” parts from Inventory, CFE, outside services as required.
- Support, communicate, and implement company initiatives (e.g. Lean Operations). Contribute to continuous improvement of procedures and processes. Assist with training programs.
- Interpret and carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows applications and software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Actively contribute to the efforts of the work team.
- Build trust and morale through fairness and resourcefulness.
- Work with assigned Operations Team to attain maximum effectiveness.
- Provide guidance to staff when resolving technical and procedural issues and to provide proper customer service to other departments.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in driving light duty trucks and operating pallet jacks and hand trucks.
- Operate general office equipment, such as personal computers, fax and copy machines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Read, interpret, and understand the regulations, procedures, and other documentation associated with the business.
- Perform basic mathematical functions.
- Solve practical problems.
- Strong working knowledge of customer policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) AND two years of related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer experience or training preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Washington State Driver License within Washington State requirements.
Please send all resumes to Apply
- Full time
Posted 22 Dec 2017
Closes 21 May 2018
This job was posted to: Product support