Payload Project Manager
Farnborough, Hampshire, England
Job Title: Payload Project Manager
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Duration: 6 months
Airbus Defence & Space are currently looking for a Payload Project Manager to join their HAPS team in Farnborough on a 6 month contract basis! Please note, all candidates must be willing and able to obtain SC Clearance. We cannot consider your application if you do meet these requirements.
Description of the Job
Zephyr is the record breaking state-of-the-art solar powered ultra-light weight High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) developed by Airbus Defence and Space for use in both commercial and military applications. As part of the growth of the Programme a vacancy has arisen within the Project Management (TUMZP) team based in Farnborough.
The Project Management team are responsible for the successful implementation of projects to deliver prototype aircraft, ground support equipment (GSE), and payloads as well as customer demonstrations and Zephyr services.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, this exciting opportunity is to ensure the successful delivery of very light-weight payloads for the Zephyr series of unmanned UAVs, including their specification, design, build/manufacture and integration into the Zephyr platform, all in line with the Zephyr Payload Road map.
Tasks and Accountabilities
· Manage the delivery of payload activities on time, cost and quality. The first task will be to rebaseline the current Payload project in line with the latest Payload Roadmap reflecting recent customer interactions.
· To develop and implement project plans and manage multi-disciplinary / multi-national teams, budget, schedule and risks.
· Support the HAPS Business Development team during bid preparation phase of payload flight trial and commercial service contracts
· To partner with payload suppliers and commodity managers to secure the technology development and manufacturing capabilities required by the HAPS business.
· To deliver mandated project reviews and reporting in accordance with HAPS Business processes.
· To implement Risk and Opportunity management in accordance with HAPS Project Management processes
Required skills and experience
· Project management experience and qualification ideally equivalent to Airbus Bronze certification.
· BSc / HNC / BEng and / or recognised aerospace based apprenticeship in electrical engineering
· Track record of successful delivery (defined timescales, requirements and budgets) for technical development projects.
· Strong stakeholder management skills, able to influence subordinates, peers, superiors and partners.
· Strong co-ordination and management skills, ability to motivate others.
· Demonstrable ability to operate strategically, identify and embrace new technology and changes whilst controlling project scope.
· Provide and coordinate input into the Payload development strategy and Road map
· Experience of UAS or Space system level design and documentation.
· Experience of processes for translating customer user requirements into technical solutions
· Ability to lead engineers to identify optimum integration solutions considering the implications and restrictions of other subsystems i.e. power and propulsion enabling mission success.
· Familiarity with engineering methodologies for harsh environments.
· Technical ability / familiarity with some of the following payload types
o RF communications
o Optical, IF and SAR surveillance
o ESM and Sigint
o Data communications
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 21 Dec 2017
Closes 20 Jan 2018
This job was posted to: Project manager