High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England
Responsible for assembling and leading Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) in order to deliver programmes of significant complexity. Responsible for delivery of the agreed scope to schedule, cost and quality. Expected to motivate the broader project teams and supply chain to deliver the business case and ensure customer satisfaction. At this level the PM may have line management responsibility for Project Managers/ Assistant Project Managers.
* Full responsibility for independently managing and delivering programmes of significant complexity, to the agreed scope and to schedule, cost and quality
* Directing, motivating and providing leadership for programme teams, facilitating their ability to achieve agreed project objectives, resolving resource conflicts across projects and delivering business benefits.
* Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers and key subcontractors
* Responsibility for the financial performance of the programme in terms of sales, cash and profit and meeting all business case requirements.
* Establishing and maintaining tight budget and deadline controls through appropriate programme governance
* Managing the supply chain for the whole programme, assuming responsibility for all cost, schedule and technical aspects of all procurements and subcontracts within scope of the contract or cost account
* Proactively managing customer and internally generated changes in programme scope, managing contract variations to optimise costs and margins. Assisting in negotiations with customers as required.
* Directing the programme through standard lifecycle management procedures in order to deliver against the requirements of the Group
* Embedding improvements to enhance efficiency and quality of work performed on programmes in alignment with central EPMO
* Trained and active as Chair for programmes of significant complexity across the Group. Active as assessor for programmes of highest complexity and strategic importance.
* Targets for project margin improvements and order intake
* Excellent leadership skills
* Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
* Delivery focussed mentality
* Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion).
* Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop others
* Able to deal with ambiguities and uncertainties
* Able to take corporate or 'global' view and deal with senior stakeholders
* An ability to develop project and work package managers and increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
* Strong decision making skills
* Commercially and contractually aware.
* Ability to identify and manage conflict within broader project teams
* Advanced technical awareness in areas relevant to the programme
Qualifications & Experience:
* Experience delivering multi-year programmes of significant complexity with the same or similar functions and technology, with a proven delivery track record.
* Preferably degree educated (or equivalent relevant experience) with demonstrated ability to manage projects including three throughout the full lifecycle.
* Accredited Project Management qualification (e.g. PMP, APMP, MSP) or willingness to work towards qualification
* Strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain partners that require management
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 55000 - 65000 Per year
- Full time
Posted 6 Dec 2017
Closes 5 Jan 2018
This job was posted to: Project manager