Stansted, Essex, England
Our client, a new all-cargo airline based at Stansted Airport have a permanent opportunity for a Planning Engineer.
Reporting directly to the Continued Airworthiness Manager on all matters concerning Aircraft Maintenance Planning, the Planning Engineer will take a team lead role within the existing team, working closely with the Planning Officer and Technical Records Administrator to deliver a robust and effective maintenance planning service to the airline.
* Creation, management and presentation of the long-term fleet maintenance plan.
* Recommendation of input dates, considering variables such as maintenance due dates and operational needs
* Day to day team lead of Planning Officer and Technical Records Administrator
* Review of service bulletins, airworthiness directives and modification in respect of planning requirements.
* Review of work scopes and tenders from suppliers.
* Planning IT system (currently TRAX system) lead and coordinator.
* Liaison with suppliers, trainers etc on system and staff needs and contract administration.
* Lead for software changes and patches before implementation into the live system
* Audit of technical records for content and completeness and liaison with contracted suppliers to correct audit findings.
* Preparation of required workpacks for A, C and D checks and distribution in a timely manner to ensure that scheduled maintenance tasks, Airworthiness Directives and out of phase requirements are in compliance with time limits.
* Preparation of workscopes and workpacks for ad-hoc maintenance events as required and the preparation of workscopes and workpacks to made available to contracted MROs in a timely manner.
* Preparation of workscopes and workpacks to enable Aircraft Introduction to Service and Redelivery inputs to take place.
* Monitor aircraft hours and cycles on a daily basis to ensure all relevant tasks, including Calendar driven tasks, are accomplished and any variations or concessions are raised as requested, controlled and managed in accordance with applicable approved procedures - in conjunction with Technical Records and MCC.
* Close liaison with Technical Records Administrator to resolve any queries and preparation of workpacks
* Close liaison with MCC on day to day operational issues involving planning and minor checks.
* Ensure all routine maintenance tasks, are scheduled in accordance with the applicable approved aircraft maintenance programmes.
* Ensure all maintenance pre-input meetings are co-ordinated, scheduled and attended by a member of the planning department.
* Administration of work-cards and completion of aircraft and engine logbooks
* Assisting with the compilation of technical records package for asset lease return or sale
* Uploading of technical records to an electronic records management system
* Administration of the Maintenance Programmes
* Storage of hard copy records in accordance with regulatory requirements
Skills and Experience
* Knowledge and awareness of EASA and CAA Airworthiness Regulations and Requirements
* Effective Communicator to deal with internal and external customers and agencies
* Previous Airline/MRO Planning Experience
* Current Training including Human Factors, Fuel tank Safety, EWIS, Continuation Training, (SMS)
* Organised, proactive and with previous team lead experience preferred.
- £ 40000.00 - 45000.00 Per year
- Full time
- Boeing 747-400
Posted 6 Dec 2017
Closes 5 Jan 2018
This job was posted to: Planning engineer
Recommended, similar jobs
Luton, Bedfordshire, England