Airside (Ramp Services) Agent
City of Edinburgh, Scotland
Interviews will be held between 15th - 19th Jan 2018
Looking to start end Jan 2018
Hourly Rate - 8.16
Ramp Services Agents provide the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our customer airlines. This includes (but not be limited) to the loading and unloading of baggage and cargo and mail, sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Load/unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is advantageous but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Ca
- Full time
Posted 6 Dec 2017
Closes 5 May 2018
This job was posted to: Ramp agent