Duty Manager (Customer Services)
To manage, motivate and engage staff to ensure delivery of customer airlines targets while complying with all company and customer procedures, policies and brand values.
Lead the day to day implementation of the operational plan, delivering high customer service standards and meeting company performance and safety targets through the management and engagement of our staff.
To cover for the Customer Service Manager as required during annual leave, sickness or other absence in order to ensure that the Operation continues to run smoothly and any issues are resolved speedily .
- Lead by example to deliver consistently great service to our customers
- Effective Management, motivation and training of staff
- To actively manage all direct reports on station, to ensure that performance is maintained at an optimum level and that development needs are accurately identified and met.
- In addition to act as a role model to the management team and a figurehead to all employees and to ensure all staff within the support services are appropriately trained and motivated to deliver consistently high levels of customer service.
To establish, maintain and develop relevant and effective relationships with the appropriate Customer and Airport Company representatives, Swissport Departmental Managers and other relevant bodies.
To ensure excellent working relationships are maintained and that all commercial opportunities are fully exploited.
T o ensure that all relevant changes in service provision, legislation or company working practices informed by the Customer Service Manager, are communicated to all staff in an appropriate manner, in order to maintain quality of service delivery.
To develop full personal competence in the Customer Supervisors role, working in a flexible manner and striving to maintain and improve the quality of the operation at all times.
To actively share knowledge and experiences with colleagues and act in a co-operative manner to ensure the service to our customers is continuously improved.
To consistently demonstrate a high standard of personal appearance and time keeping in order to maintain the visual and professional status of Swissport.
- Manage, motivate and engage employees by providing an open feedback culture and managing performance on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance with all Swissport's corporate and airline safety and security procedures in order to meet/exceed regulatory standards.
- Maintain, monitor and report on agreed key performance indicators (KPI's) provided by the Customer Services Manager.
- Conduct full investigations on irregularities, accidents or complaints as per our standard reporting requirements
- Drive consistency and standards by ensuring clear communications at all levels on operational policies and procedures; team meetings, shift handover meetings, 1-1's and completion of relevant reports
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, internal and external
- Resolve issues/conflicts in a timely manner.
- To take personal responsibility to ensure that the Customer Services Department delivers designated operational procedures according to agree
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Managerial / supervisory experience
- Must comply with Swissport's SOPs and policies
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint) skills
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to t
- Full time
Posted 6 Dec 2017
Closes 5 May 2018
This job was posted to: Airline customer service
Recommended, similar jobs
Greater London, England
Swissport International Ltd