Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Exciting PERMANENT NDT Technician position based in Stevenage!!!
Our client a well-established NDT Technician organisation based in Stevenage is looking to add an experienced permanent NDT Technician to their expanding team.
* Carry out NDT using Ultrasonics on composite materials applying Through Transmission and Pulse Echo techniques
* Using Automated NDT facilities purpose built to scan for disbonds and porosity on aircraft radomes.
* Bond testing for disbonds and delaminations on composite structures.
* Be trusted to work on their own initiative and unsupervised in the main
* Work with team in a test environment to identify and drive productivity and performance improvement opportunities to support cost reductions.
* Has an understanding of lean manufacturing processes and works well within a team.
* Contributes to the continuous development of the safety, health and environment requirements within the team's work area.
* Actively supports and progresses his / her own development needs to ensure task flexibility.
* Has an annual and interim PDR's with team leader
* Attends start of shift meeting with team to understand the team's targets, any key issues / problems and any other communications (e.g. visits, health & safety issues etc)
* Attends end of shift meeting with team to review the shift and if targets and performance measures have been met.
* Escalation of issues to team leaders in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Experience:
* Required to have a valid Level 2 certificate in ultrasonic techniques and have the skills and knowledge to set up and calibrate equipment, conduct tests and to interpret, evaluate and document results in accordance with Cobham Technologies Ltd procedures and quality acceptance standards.
* The individual shall be familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which they are approved.
* Shall be capable of guiding and supervising trainees and level 1 personnel.
* A working knowledge of the Masterscan UFD310, Sonatest 380m and the UFDS
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
- Full time
Posted 1 Dec 2017
Closes 31 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Composites