Project and Process Manager, Production Alternatives (M/F)
Design and implement processes and IT solutions for purchase and trade activities at the Production Alternatives division at Lufthansa Technik.
- Develop and implement new processes for the purchase and trade of surplus material
- Conduct workshops for Production Alternatives processes with customer service, vendors, suppliers, logistics, finance, and IT department
- Manage projects to improve the existing IT landscape within the Production Alternatives division
- Participate in larger projects to implement process or organizational changes within the surplus division of Lufthansa Technik
- Work closely and act as interface to other process centers and IT departments
- Provide feedback on feasibility of change requests from within the department
- Document existing processes and design standards
- Maintain and improve key performance indicators for the Production Alternatives division
- Provide support for issues from all roles within the department
While a background in IT is helpful for this position, it is not required. Main requirements include organizational, analytical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to quickly learn new processes and familiarize oneself with the existing IT tools within Lufthansa Technik
*All other duties as assigned or required
- High school diploma/GED desirable
- College degree/vocational training: Bachelor desirable
- Language: English required
- Industry knowledge desirable: Basic knowledge of the aviation aftermarket business; knowledge about process optimization techniques (for example LEAN)
- Expert IT Knowledge: MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, basic programming skills, SAP
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to travel
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
About Lufthansa Technik Component Services LLC.
Lufthansa Technik is the worldwide leading independent provider of maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft. With tailored maintenance programs and state-of-the-art repair methods we ensure the durable reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are an internationally-licensed maintenance, production and development company. With its six business units (Maintenance, Overhaul, Component Services, Engine Services, Landing Gear Services, and VIP Services and Innovation) the Lufthansa Technik Group offers its approximate 800 customers worldwide, a complete range of services round about aircraft technology.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0470V229
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 30 Nov 2017
Closes 29 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Project manager