Intern (m/f) Commercial Management at Lufthansa Cargo JFK New York
Lufthansa Cargo offers a self-motivated and energetic student (m/f) the chance to experience a dynamic working environment during an internship at our JFK International Airport office in New York City.
You will work with the Commercial Manager and sales teams at the JFK International Airport office as well as the corporate headquarter. In day to day activities and projects, you will apply theoretical knowledge and past experience into practical solutions. Your daily tasks will include the evaluation and analysis of market data inside our business processes, financial and non-financial KPIs. For different products and customers, you will identify measures and create action plans according to their individual performance. You will be working with a team of supervisors and managers. Hence, you are expected to conduct yourself in a professional and mature manner.
In our rapidly changing line of business, flexibility is a must. Job duties may change during the internship. As part of the team, your responsibilities include the following:
- Support the commercial management and sales teams in day to day activities and ad-hoc projects
- Initiate the development of new reports or suggest improvements on current tools and solutions
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly feedback to the station managers on all performance-related KPIs
- Gather and evaluate statistical data, prepare reports for monitoring of costs, revenues, sales promotions, capacity planning, flight punctuality and service issues
- Research market potentials and key customers; identify business opportunities to develop sales
- Support initiatives such as customer events, staff gatherings and company meetings
- Assist the sales team to cope with the difficulties of digitalization
- Additional tasks may be assigned depending on workload and circumstances
- Advanced students in Business Administration, Engineering or related studies
- You have very good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- You have strong analytical skills, affinity to figures and experience with statistical analyses
- You have the ability to work independently and under stress to meet deadlines
- You are a team player and have very good social skills
- You have outstanding MS Office skills, especially excellent understanding of Excel functions and formulas (VBA desirable)
- Former experience in logistics and the airline industry is a plus
- Previous international experience preferred, but not required
Lufthansa Cargo has certain requirements which must be met in order to qualify for an internship position:
- Enrolled during the entire period of the internship or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information you can find Apply/de/faqs-be-lufthansa/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit/
- You must be a citizen of the EU or have a German work permit for at least 130 working days
- You must have a valid passport for the entire period of the internship
- You had no other internships with Lufthansa in the past (exception if the internship is mandatory by the university)
- You must have a German bank account
- You must fulfill all criteria to obtain a J-1 visa for the US
- Your cover letter and CV must be in English, supporting documentations preferably in English.
Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving we are not able to answer each application personally. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within two weeks after application deadline.
About Lufthansa Cargo AG
Lufthansa Cargo AG is part of the Lufthansa Aviation Group's business area Logistics. With 4,600 employees and many international partners, Lufthansa Cargo is one of the worldwide leading companies in international air cargo business.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0049V992
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 30 Nov 2017
Closes 29 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Freight