Administrative Assistant (M/F)
Provide support LAT in an administrative capacity by managing personnel information and training related the department, excel in prioritization of workload while maintaining flexibility in a fast paced office while also valuing creativity, efficiency, and self-initiative
- Makes hotel reservations, ground transportation, and flight arrangements for duty travelers for LAT US and LH Staff Students, company visitors and Customer representatives
- Point of contact for third party customers in regards to maintenance repair items throughout the facility.
- Prepares and distributes minutes for various meetings.
- Preparation and distribution of company newsletter via email, uploaded to website, and in paper form. Ensuring website content is correct and up-to-date.
- Student arrival preparations, including, but not limited to:
>Flight supplies (for example: Kneeboards, Navigational, charts, flight Manuals)
>Airport welcome and transportation
>Conducting arrival briefings
>Arranging fingerprinting services
>Coordinating local area briefing with Goodyear officials.
- Student departure preparations, including, but not limited to:
>Arranges for dorm rooms to be checked prior to departure
>Assures return of company property (for example keys, dishes, etcetera)
>Ensures all debts have been paid
>Prepares students return airline tickets via eBase (LH students only)
>Aranges ground transportation to airport
- Assists the Department Manager with coding, copying, and maintaining records of all recurring department invoices. Also assists with correspondence for the department.
- Fills in for the receptionist during absences (lunch/illness/vacation):
>Operates a multi-position switchboard. Handles incoming calls, transfers calls, takes and distributes messages and keeps log of messages taken
>Retrieves messages from main voice mail.
>Greets customers, clients, and visitors. Maintains sign-in log and hands out visitor badges.
>Controls access to Flight Operations and Admin. Building.
>Sorts and distributes incoming mail, FedEx, and UPS deliveries for office staff and students.
- Assists with SEVIS system:
>"Complete" students when they depart.
>Issues I-20's for new students.
>Maintains filing system with required documentation.
- Assists with AFSP (TSA) system:
>Completes students when they depart.
>Serves as back-up during absences of the Dep't. Manager.
>Maintains filing system with required documentation
- Assigns Instructor Booths and Mailboxes
- Assists with special projects.
*All other duties as assigned or required
- High school diploma/GED required
- College degree/vocational training desirable
- Professional experience required: 1 to 2 years of office experience and must be able to communicate efficiently verbally and in writing. Travel planning experience is helpful
- Language: English required
- Industry knowledge desirable: Previous aviation experience working in a team environment is desired
- User IT Knowledge: Good computer skills with Windows applications. Excellent skills in excel and outlook
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
About Lufthansa Aviation Training USA, Inc.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0616V016
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 29 Nov 2017
Closes 28 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Airline administration