Chester, Cheshire, England
Responsibilities and Duties
Summary of Role: The role requires an individual to install modification kits and/or modify existing parts inline with detailed Planning, Design and Tooling information.
* The position requires competence in the disassembly/assembly and installation/removal of ore-fabricated parts, sub-assemblies, major components and auxiliary equipment to satisfactorily complete the alteration and/or modification of any type of aircraft, equipment rack, instrument console, etc.
* The position also requires competence in the pre-fitting and final installation of furnishing/trim items during the alteration and/or modification of any type of aircraft.
* The position requires the ability to modify basic aircraft systems; this involves component removal adjustment, replacement, modification and the ability to perform the subsequent operational checks and tests, as stated necessary, to prepare the aircraft for flight.
* Certified personnel will, under supervision, be requested to perform engine runs and ensure that the aircraft is flight worthy.
* Has the ability to work, mainly unsupervised, from technical drawings, aircraft manufacturer's manuals, written or verbal instructions and retrieve production data directly from computer systems.
Qualifications and Skills
* City & Guilds Certificate/NVQ Level 3 and/or completion of approved base training.
* Has the ability to work, mainly un-supervised, from technical drawings, aircraft manufacturer's manuals, written or verbal instructions and retrieves production data directly from computer systems.
* Ability to follow Health & Safety practices and contributes to the safe working environment.
* Experience working in the aerospace industry in an aircraft maintenance and mission integration environment
* Experience of working on 'live' aircraft.
* Must have current SC clearance in place.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- £ 18.50 - 18.50 Per hour
- Full time
Posted 23 Nov 2017
Closes 23 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic, Avionics engineer