2371178 Elec Mech Assembly AIT
Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. A vacancy has arisen for an Electrical / Mechanical Assembly Technician working on our communication satellite payloads.
Main role and responsibilities
To perform electrical / mechanical integration activities:
· Equipment integration
· Waveguide integration
· Coax cable integration
· DC harness integration and connector mating and de-mating
· Structural component integration
· Test instrumentation integration (thermocouples, heater circuits and accelerometers)
· Wiring activities (crimping)
· Use of basic hand tools (torque tools, screwdrivers, spanners, measurement tools and etc.).
· Basic engineering hand skills (filing, drilling, tapping, heli-coil installation)
· Prepare, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances in accordance with COSHH requirements
· Ensuring workspace is kept clean and tidy in accordance with 5S policy
· Following tool control procedures
· Active participation in continuous improvement activities
· Ensuring correct completion of build paperwork for all activities you have performed
· Interpreting technical documentation (schematical drawings, wiring diagrams, 2D and 3D General Assembly Drawings, technical notes and integration procedures)
· 3D model navigation
· Support movement and lifting operations using overhead crane and other MGSE (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment).
Shift work and weekend work required. Successful candidates may initially be on straight days or early and late shift (depending on Training room availability) whilst they are trained, this is expected to be for a period of 2 weeks for which they will be paid the basic hourly rate. They will then move to a shift pattern, which varies dependent upon payload, however, the information below is indicative of the more common shifts and their allowances.
Successful candidate will attend two weeks on site training working a standard day shift 08:00 to 16:00.
16 day pattern (4on / 4off pattern)
4 days (06:00 to 18:00) on, 4 days off, 4 nights (18:00 to 06:00) on, 4 nights off.
Early / Late shift pattern (double days)
The pattern consists of one week of Early Shifts Monday to Friday 06:00 to 14:00 and then one week of Late Shifts Monday to Friday 14:00 to 22:00. The shift pattern has a two-week revolution period.
You may be required to travel to other UK and International sites at short notice. Please identify on submission if this is not an option for you.
· HNC or HND in an engineering production or maintenance field
Or / and
· Apprenticeship in Aerospace/Space or other high quality production or maintenance field
Assembly experience of the following in high quality manufacturing area:
· Detailed assembly and integration (equipment and processes similar to, or to the standard required for aerospace industry).
· Basic engineering hand skills
· Experience using basic hand tools
· Tool control
· Technical documentation
· Handling and use of chemicals and hazardous substances
· Harness securing methods
· Proven experience in a similar role
· Previous experience of working in a cleanroom environment
· ESA, aerospace or other high quality wiring experience
· Machine shop trained
· Experience carrying out structural activities
· MLI (Multi-Layered Insulation) blanket installation and tailoring experience
· Previous experience of space/aerospace inspection activities
· Knowledge on RF systems
· Installation and removal coaxial cables / DC harnesses
· Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware
· Must be able to work at height and in a restricted space
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
Posted 23 Nov 2017
Closes 23 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Composites